WASHINGTON, May 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- This carefully crafted technical symposium provides a forum for key government and industry experts who are shaping the future of additive manufacturing for defense and government to examine the latest DoD and government plans for spurring the growth of this dynamic technology. Questions and topics will include:
- How are DoD and Service manufacturing strategies being shaped by additive manufacturing?
- How is the state-of-the-science being pushed by NIST, DOE, NASA, NSF and other government efforts? What are the emerging lessons learned from early tactical deployments of 3D printing on the battlefield? Aboard ship?
- What new materials and processes are needed? What are the potential cyber security challenges and solutions? What is 4D printing?
- How will 4D printing enable future systems to evolve in response to immediate tactical stimuli? What are the latest 3D/4D printing and AM capabilities on the industry drawing board? How can you get involved?
These and many other critical questions will be examined during this Interactive General Session.
Our Distinguished Panel of DoD, Government, and Industry Additive Manufacturing Experts:
- Captain Jason Bridges, USN, USN Director, Navy Business Operations and Total Ownership Cost Branch, Office of the Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Fleet Readiness and Logistics (OPNAV N41)
- Ms. Tracy Frost Director, DoD Manufacturing USA Institutes & Acting Director, DoD ManTech
- Ms. Kelly Morris Chief, Logistics Research and Development, Defense Logistics Agency
- Dr. Devanand Shenoy, Chief Engineer, Advanced Manufacturing Office, U.S. Department of Energy
- Mr. John M. Ortiz Jr., Project Manager, Technology Readiness Assessment Guide Project, U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO)
- Dr. Jaimie Tiley, Program Officer, Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR/RTA)
- Mr. James Zunino, Senior Materials Engineer, Materials, Mfg. & and Prototype Technology Division, Picatinny Arsenal, U.S. Army (ARDEC)
- Dr. Edward Reutzel, Senior Research Associate, Center for Innovative Materials Processing (CIMP-3D), Dept. Head, Laser System Engineering & Integration, (ARL Penn State)
- Ms. Kristin Morgan, Engineering Project Manager, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
- Ms. Bianca Lankford, Mechanical Engineer, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- LtCol Howard Marotto, USMC LPV-3, NexLog, Additive Manufacturing and Innovation
- Mr. Joe Schibi, Senior Consultant, Supply Chain Strategy, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Mr. Jared Blecher, Senior Metals Defense Engineer, 3D Systems
- Mr. Bill Harris, Technical Fellow, Manufacturing Technology, Sikorsky Aircraft, a Lockheed Martin Company
- Mr. Mark Vitale, Specialist Leader, Deloitte Consulting LLP Federal Practice
- Mr. John Grubbs, Technical Program Manager, Rolls-Royce
- Dr. Peter Liacouras, Director of Services, 3D Medical Applications Center, Department of Radiology, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
Would you like to be an exhibitor at this symposium? Host a breakfast, lunch or beverage reception during the symposium? Please contact Ken Hood at 310-320-8110 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how your organization can participate.
TTC Media Contact
Ken Hood, Director of Marketing
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/technology-training-corporation-ttc-announces-additive-manufacturing-for-defense-and-government-july-13-14-2017-300463294.html
SOURCE Technology Training Corporation (TTC)