Tektronix Communications Empowers Operators in Asia to Optimize and Monetize the Mobile Data Explosion Company Also Introduces New Vice President of Sales for the Asia-Pacific Region
SINGAPORE, June 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Tektronix Communications, the leading provider of customer experience, network test and service assurance solutions; will be exhibiting at CommunicAsia, June 19-21. At booth #BP4-01 in the Marina Bay Sands Center, Tektronix Communications will be discussing opportunities and challenges during the LTE evolution and how the Company is providing operators the cost-effective bandwidth to support the exponential increase in usage of smartphones and tablets across the region.
With the surge in data and application traffic, some operators are struggling not only to optimize, but also monetize this traffic. The high-value, cross-domain data Tektronix Communications probes collect and correlate provides operators the ability to see quality and usage at the end-user level, including the handset and application. Since mobile usage varies tremendously by country and segment, operators need to quickly understand the types of applications that are being used in real-time in order to capitalize on opportunities for targeted custom upsell or cross-sell programs.
Tektronix Communications solutions, which address this need, include:
- Deep Packet Classification (DPC) solution – Enables operators to clearly understand what services are consuming the valuable network bandwidth on a per-subscriber basis enabling them to protect and maximize their revenue-generating potential.
- TouchPoint – Provides the ability to proactively monitor and manage, in real time, the lifecycle experience of every customer, ensuring true end-to-end Quality of Experience.
- GeoProbe G10 – Based on the industry-leading GeoProbe, the high-speed, high-density 10GE probe features a distributed architecture optimized to handle high bandwidth IP traffic.
- Iris Analyzer toolset – Includes Iris Protocol Analyzer (PA), Iris Session Analyzer (ISA) and Iris Traffic Analyzer (ITA), which provides L2 to L7 troubleshooting by characterizing IP traffic by links, applications and servers.
- IrisView – Easy-to-use, configurable software framework that provides a single, integrated platform for all applications, including feeds to customer experience management (CEM) systems and third party OSS/BSS applications.
- Iris Performance Intelligence – Provides unmatched end-to-end analysis and reporting capabilities coupled with an extremely flexible and powerful KPI/KQI modeling engine that allows operators to better link desired business outcomes to events that occur at the network level.
As first to market an LTE monitoring solution, Tektronix Communications has positioned themselves as the market leader by helping 15 customers worldwide address each phase of the LTE lifecycle – from NEMs to carrier labs to multi-vendor deployment. With end-to-end, scalable customer experience and assurance solutions deemed operationally ready from day one, Tektronix Communications has won 50 percent of the global LTE monitoring business.
New VP of Asia Pacific Sales Announced
The Company also announced that industry veteran, Mike Ropicky, has joined Tektronix Communications as Vice President of Asia Pacific Sales. Ropicky was previously with ADC Telecommunications as their Vice President and Managing Director for Asia Pacific. Prior, Ropicky spent 22 years with Motorola in senior level sales, marketing and business development roles focused on Telecom Operator, Government & Enterprise markets. As an American working and operating in Asia for over 15 years, he brings a wealth of go-to-market knowledge as a seasoned "East meets West" senior executive. Ropicky will reside in Singapore, where the Tektronix Communications head office for the Asia Pacific region is located.
"We are very excited to have Mike Ropicky join the TekComms organization and we are very committed to delivering value to our customers in the Asia Pacific region," said Lyn Cantor, President of Tektronix Communications. "Ropicky is very skilled in creating innovative customer solutions in B2B selling environments and in addressing complex technology customer needs to drive growth for our business and our customers all around the globe."
To learn more about how Tektronix Communications is helping operators optimize and monetize the mobile data explosion, check out this recent Pipeline article on "5 Ways to Add Millions to Your Bottom Line This Year" and visit us at booth #BP4-01 at CommunicAsia.
About Tektronix Communications
Tektronix Communications provides communication service providers and equipment manufacturers around the world an unparalleled suite of customer experience, assurance and test solutions for fixed, mobile and converged multi-service networks. This comprehensive set of solutions and services support a range of architectures and applications such as LTE, HSPA, 3G, IMS, mobile broadband, VoIP and triple play. Tektronix Communications is headquartered in Plano, Texas.
More information on Tektronix Communications can be found here:
Visit us online at www.tekcomms.com
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/tek_comms or @Tek_Comms
Connect with us on our Facebook page, 4G Central at www.facebook.com/4gcentral
Tektronix is a registered trademark of Tektronix, Inc. All other trade names referenced are the service marks, trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
SOURCE Tektronix Communications