TelcoTV 2011 Vision Awards Finalists Unveiled
Award winners to be announced October 26 in New Orleans
IRVINE, Calif., Oct. 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- TelcoTV, the largest video conference and expo focused on the U.S. service provider market, today revealed the finalists for the fourth annual TelcoTV Vision Awards. The 2011 finalists are among the industry's leading video service providers, technology manufacturers and equipment vendors and all have demonstrated outstanding innovation and leadership since last year's TelcoTV event.
The top performers in each of the award categories will be announced during the general session on October 26 at the Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, LA. This year, the general sessions will be streamed live from the eShow News Site: http://www.lightreading.com/telcotv/.
TelcoTV Vision Awards are conferred for excellence in each category and were determined by a distinguished panel of industry executives and analysts. The finalists in each category are:
Innovation in Broadband Access Networks
- Adtran – Optical Networking Edge (One)
- Calix – E3-48 sealed Ethernet Service Access Node (ESAN)
- Ericsson – EDA 1500 Optical Line Terminal
Innovation in Digital Rights Management and Conditional Access Systems
- Arxan – Content Protection Solution
- Motorola – SecureMedia Encryptonite ONE HLS+
- Viaccess – Content Security Solutions
Innovation in Consumer Viewing Experience and Interactivity
- aioTV Inc – aioTV
- Alcatel-Lucent – Alcatel-Lucent Multiscreen Video Platform
- Seachange International – Nitro Multi-Screen Subscriber Experience Software
Innovation in Customer Premises Equipment
- Pace Americas – IPH8000 - HD IPTV Set-Top Box
- Sigma Designs Inc. – Ultra-Thin Reference Platform
- Skitter TV – WD TV streaming media player family with Skitter TV
Innovation in Test & Measurement
- First Media – Mapan Diag
- First Media – Xpertis
- WITBE Inc – Witbe Smartphone & Tablet QoE Robot
Innovation in Content Management Systems
- Harmonic Inc. – Omneon Media Application Server with Omneon ProXplore
- Motorola Mobility Inc. – Motorola Video Flow
- The Platform – MPX
Innovation in Middleware
- CHR Solutions – Media(n) ™
- Minerva Networks – Minerva iTVFusion
- Verismo Networks, Inc. – Verismo Cloud based Managed Services
Innovation in Video Processing
- Ericsson – Ericsson SPR1200 Multiscreen Processor, in combination with the NPR1200 Multiscreen Network Processor
- Harmonic Inc. – Harmonic ProMedia
- RGB Networks – Enhanced Video Intelligence Architecture (eVIA)
Service Provider's Innovation Award
- AT&T – AT&T U-verse Total Home DVR Enhancements
- AT&T – AT&T U-verse TV Chicago Cubs Multiview
- Verizon – FIOS Home Monitoring and Control
A joint production of UBM TechWeb and NTCA, TelcoTV offers a unique venue for solution providers to showcase their new product and service offerings. The event takes place Oct. 25-27, 2011 in New Orleans. This year's theme, "Ten Years Transforming Telecom & Entertainment," reflects the strides the industry has made since the inception of the tradeshow in 2001, along with the challenges it faces going forward. Visit http://www.TelcoTVonline.com for a complete conference and expo agenda.
About Light Reading (www.lightreading.com)
Light Reading combines its research-led online communities and targeted events portfolio to help those in the global communications industry make informed decisions. Lightreading.com is the ultimate source for telecom analysis for more than 300,000 subscribers each month, leading the media sector in terms of traffic, content, and reputation. Light Reading produces targeted communications events and focused one-day conferences each year for cable, mobile and wireline executives across five continents. As part of the Light Reading Communications Network (www.lrcn.com), Light Reading leverages the industry's most trusted telecom research brands, Heavy Reading and Pyramid Research, to contribute to the only integrated business information platform serving the $4 trillion global communications industry.
About Light Reading Communications Network (www.lrcn.com)
The Light Reading Communications Network combines the most trusted telecom research brands with award-winning online communities and a rich events portfolio to deliver the only integrated business information platform serving the global communications industry. With the power of this platform, leaders who build, deploy, finance and regulate next-generation telecom networks are able to make more informed decisions on emerging market and service opportunities. The Light Reading Communications Network is a division of UBM TechWeb (www.ubmtechweb.com), the global leader in technology media and business information.
The National Telecommunications Cooperative Association is the premier association representing more than 560 locally owned and controlled telecommunications cooperatives and commercial companies throughout rural and small-town America. NTCA provides its members with legislative, regulatory, and industry representation; meetings; publications and educational programs; and an array of employee benefit programs. Visit http://www.ntca.org for more information.
Media Relations, TelcoTV 2011
Tel: +1 714 378 5841
Director of Events
Tel: + 1 949 223 3614
SOURCE Light Reading
More by this Source
Light Reading Expands Its Annual 'Leading Lights' Awards Program
Mar 06, 2014, 12:00 ET
Hot Service Provider IT Trends for MWC14
Feb 20, 2014, 10:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.