LONDON, Sept. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Respondents feel that the overall business confidence index for H2 2016 (July 2016-December 2016) has remained constant compared to H1 2016 (January 2016-June 2016). Moreover, an increasing number of respondents state that the current economic conditions are stable and the future outlook remains positive in anticipation of trends such as mobile broadband connectivity, live video streaming, mobile payments, and employing an Internet of Things (IoT) for effective business monitoring and real time problem solving. Despite rising competition, growing pricing pressure, and cost containment within the telecom industry, companies are planning to increase their focus on improving operational efficiency and new product development, over the next six months.
- Of respondents, 39% believe the current economic conditions to be stable, whereas 21% of executives indicate that economic conditions are favorable
- Overall, 66% and 52% of industry competitors are more confident about their company's and industry's growth prospects, respectively, in H2 2016
- Of executives operating in Asia-Pacific, 87% expect the highest positive change in customer confidence compared to other regions in H2 2016
- On average, the price of fixed voice services is expected to decrease by 1.3% over the next six months
- Business executives operating in Asia-Pacific anticipate the highest increase in sales growth compared to other regions over the next six months
- The concern of unemployment levels in North America has increased significantly during H2 2016 compared to H1 2016