TeleCommunication Systems and Intersec Partner to Expand Location-Based Service (LBS) Offerings to Markets Worldwide
Establishes a Scalable, Best-in-Class Technology from Two of the World's Leading LBS Companies
ANNAPOLIS, Md. and PARIS, Feb. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in secure and highly reliable wireless communication technology, and Intersec, a leading vendor of real-time streaming analytics software, today announced that the companies are working together to expand precise location-based service (LBS) solutions. The strategic partnership leverages the two companies' core competencies including TCS' scope, scalability and leading precise location technologies and Intersec's ability to deliver both passive- and analytics-based location services. In just 12 months, the companies have signed agreements with major operators in Angola, Hong Kong, and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for a variety of LBS applications.
- Location-Based Services are an important opportunity for operators, with the market for location analytics from operators growing to $5 billion by 2020 according to analyst STL Partners.
- Intersec and TCS have formed a partnership enabling both companies to address new market needs for location, ranging from public safety to commercial applications. The partnership gives customers a single source for scalable, best-in-class solutions from two of the world's leading LBS companies. TCS is recognized by Frost & Sullivan as the only true end-to-end LBS provider globally, providing a time-tested, comprehensive and flexible solution that includes applications, infrastructure, mapping and content. Intersec's innovative software have been distinguished by ABI Research as "the technology of choice for a number of carrier analytics and advertising efforts which will drive significant growth" through applications in customer base management, mass-scale Location-Based Services, fraud management and business analytics.
- Together Intersec and TCS provide customers with an array of high-value, complementary precise location solutions including wireless emergency alerts, location-based advertising, Geomessaging, real-time geofencing, location analytics, mass-scale location monitoring and crowd analytics, as well as an expanded set of other location services and solutions.
- TCS and Intersec have begun providing major operators in Angola, Hong Kong and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia with LBS solutions for a variety of applications including anonymized subscriber movement analysis, mobile advertising, and LBS application support to inbound roamers. TCS believes the virtualization of location assets will provide a growth in new consumer-based applications using standard APIs and Analytics tools. With this partnership, TCS and Intersec will lead the next generation of location-based services on a global basis.
- The partnership leverages TCS' proven track record in scalability and its ability to manage more than 10 billion transactions each month.
- The partnership also enables the development of an effective solution over the cloud.
- The companies are working on expanding their combined presence in Europe and both North and South America.
- For more information visit: TCS-Intersec Partnership
TCS Commercial Software Group, Vice President of Mobility Solutions Keith Bhatia said: "Several years ago we made a calculated decision to expand our business by growing in new geographic markets. As a result, we began building out our ecosystem to sustain our number-one position in precise location and to drive the burgeoning LBS market. Partnering with Intersec is a natural step in that transformation, as the company is an industry leader in both active and passive location technology. Together we have rapidly secured three major operator customers in Africa and Asia, and are continuing to expand our customer set as operators take advantage of 4G and 5G capabilities to deliver new location-based services."
Intersec Vice President of Strategic Alliances Patrick Métaireau said: "In addition to providing critical information for public safety applications, precise location capabilities are a catalyst in helping operators and other companies drive new revenue streams for marketing and advertising. Partnering with TCS allows us to capitalize on this growing market opportunity given the company's ability to scale solutions for a wide range of customers and manage billions of transactions each month. Together TCS and Intersec are able to harness new market opportunities and use-cases for location applications, and strengthen our positions as leaders in this expanding market."
Intersec designs innovative software enabling operators to leverage their network Big Data. Our disruptive technology crunches and consolidates huge amounts of data coming from heterogeneous network equipment and IT, and turns them into actionable insights in real-time. Applications range from Customer Base Management, mass-scale Location-Based Services, Fraud Management and Business Analytics. Discover our solutions on www.intersec.com.
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS), headquartered in Annapolis, Maryland, is a world leader in secure and highly reliable wireless communications. Our patented solutions, global presence, operational support and engineering talent enable 9-1-1, commercial location-based services and deployable wireless infrastructure; cybersecurity; defense and aerospace components; and applications for mobile location-based services and messaging. Our principal customers are wireless network operators, defense and public safety government agencies, and Fortune 150 enterprises requiring high reliability and security. Learn more at www.telecomsys.com.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements as defined within Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties and are based upon TCS' current expectations and assumptions that if incorrect would cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Risks include those detailed from time to time in the Company's SEC reports, including the report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2014 and on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2015.
Existing and prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise the information in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or circumstances, or otherwise.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/telecommunication-systems-and-intersec-partner-to-expand-location-based-service-lbs-offerings-to-markets-worldwide-300213391.html
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.