ANNAPOLIS, Md., Feb. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced the American Council on Education College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT®) has evaluated and recommended college credit for eight of TCS' cybersecurity courses:
- Bootcamp Edition 2.0 – Nine-day course; 40+ labs; basic tactics of penetration testing and exploitation
- Developers Edition I – Five-day course; technologies and techniques impacting Windows development
- Developers Edition III – Five-day course; analysis of software vulnerabilities
- Wireless Edition – Five-day course; WiFi security analysis and penetration testing
- Wiretap Edition – Four-day course; network cyber analysis, regardless of data packet type
- Mobile Devices Forensics – Four-day course; forensic methodology of mobile technologies and operating systems
- Snort Fundamentals – Three-day course; focus on Snort intrusion and detection systems
- Assembly Fundamentals – Five-day course; focus on assembly-level access to processors and storage
ACE CREDIT helps adults gain academic credit for courses and examinations taken outside traditional degree programs. More than 2,000 colleges and universities consider ACE CREDIT recommendations in determining the applicability to their course and degree programs. As a result of the recommendations for the TCS courses, students completing any of these could receive two to three semester hours of academic credit toward a degree. These courses are part of TCS' Art of Exploitation curriculum and Enterprise Security and Protection portfolio, which are designed to train the current and future generations of cybersecurity experts on how to best prevent, detect and combat advanced persistent threats and safeguard critical assets.
ACE is the major coordinating body for the nation's higher education institutions and seeks to provide leadership and a unifying voice on key higher education issues and to influence public policy through advocacy, research, and program initiatives. For more than 30 years, colleges and universities have trusted ACE CREDIT to provide reliable course equivalency information to facilitate their decisions to award academic credit. For more information, visit the ACE CREDIT website at www.acenet.edu/credit.
- Drew Morin, senior vice president and chief technology officer, TCS, said: "The American Council on Education is a premier higher education coordinating body, and this recommendation assures our students that they are receiving training that meets very rigorous standards. This recommendation also gives our students greater flexibility in mapping out an educational strategy that best fits their needs, as they may now integrate this top-tier, specialized learning with other higher institution courses."
TCS' Cybersecurity Group provides focused training in the fields of penetration testing, cyber forensics, cyber defense strategies, vulnerability analysis and ethical hacking. TCS utilizes many of the brightest minds in security as a forum for research, collaboration and building next-generation technologies to protect critical networks. Students learn and experience computer network operations and forensics in a safe and reliable environment and have the opportunity to choose a field of study that builds on and advances the knowledge and skills necessary in order to be successful in their chosen career paths.
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements as defined within Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties and are based upon TCS' current expectations and assumptions that if incorrect would cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Risks include those detailed from time to time in the Company's SEC reports, including the report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011 and on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2012.
Existing and prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise the information in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or circumstances, or otherwise.
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.