TeleCommunication Systems Awarded $20 Million Contract to Deliver IT Services for City of Baltimore
ANNAPOLIS, Md., July 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced that it has been awarded a contract, valued at $20 million over its two-year term, to provide the City of Baltimore with information technology (IT) services. The Mayor's Office of Information Technology (MOIT) is managing this contract and has the option to extend the two-year contract in three one-year increments. The award is the culmination of a re-compete evaluation of IT services that TCS has provided to the City of Baltimore for nearly 15 years.
- This new contract will allow TCS to provide critical IT staffing support to various agencies within the City of Baltimore, including the Mayor's Office of Information Technology, the Baltimore City Police Department, and other City Agencies.
- TCS team members will work with current MOIT staff to provide key Web-based and database development, implement network security and support the City of Baltimore's local and wide area networks. These network services are critical to the City of Baltimore's IT and network infrastructures.
- TCS' proposal presented the strongest technical value to the City of Baltimore's evaluation team, emphasizing a depth of expertise, a detailed understanding of the city's IT requirements and a proven ability to provide critical staff in a timely and efficient manner.
- IT services comprise one part of TCS' comprehensive TotalCom® portfolio and are administered by highly qualified on-site TCS program managers and staff to provide extremely reliable solutions with expert service.
- TCS delivers information and communication services to private enterprises and federal, state and local government clients. Services include network and server support, and premium services such as enterprise architectural design and implementation, information assurance, knowledge management, IT governance, and visual information and video teleconferencing. A subset of these services will be provided to the City of Baltimore under this contract.
For the past 25 years, TCS has established a proven track record as a trusted provider of communication technology solutions to solve the government's toughest technical challenges, under conditions that demand the highest level of reliability, availability and security. To ensure mission continuity and to meet the need for more flexible, mobile wireless services, TCS TotalCom® offers deployable, highly secure communication solutions and complete end-to-end managed services for converged (IP-based) voice, video and data solutions to organizations requiring seamless and secure connectivity between fixed sites and remote operations around the world.
TCS Senior Vice President and President of Government Solutions Group Mike Bristol said: "The City of Baltimore recognizes the need to stay on top of the latest technologies in order to best serve its residents. Since 1998, TCS has been helping them accomplish this important mission by positioning critical staff within tight deadlines, providing network expertise with a working knowledge of the city's IT requirements, and demonstrating a dedication to quality that is exemplified by our adherence to continuous improvement."
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements as defined within Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties and are based upon TCS' current expectations and assumptions that if incorrect would cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Risks include without limitation the possibility that the contract will not be fully funded, and those detailed from time to time in the Company's SEC reports, including the report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012 and on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2013.
Existing and prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise the information in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or circumstances, or otherwise.
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.