ANNAPOLIS, Md., Feb. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced that it has entered into a contract with the U.S. Army to provide maritime-stabilized VSAT satellite systems with associated engineering services, part of a comprehensive TCS TotalCom® solution. The contract has a total value of $6.8 million if all options are exercised. This contract was issued under the Global Tactical Advanced Communication Systems and Services (GTACS) contract vehicle. TCS is a prime GTACS contract awardee; GTACS has an estimated ceiling of $10 billion over five years, starting in November 2012.
- The U.S. Army Project Manager for the Warfighter Information Network - Tactical (PM WIN-T) Commercial Satellite Terminal Program is managing this procurement for the U.S. Army Product Manager Army Watercraft Systems (PM AWS).
- The new C4I IP-based system consists of two Intellian antenna subsystems, supplied by Digisat International, that enable automatic redundancy and switchover during outage periods.
- The new maritime solution provides Army Watercraft Systems with an updated electronics system for secure and non-secure communications to their vessels operating in major commercial sea routes and areas of US naval operations.
- The Ku band system is a MIL-STD-167-1/MIL-STD-461 certified terminal designed to support the demanding tactical requirements for operations on the Army's logistics support vessels and landing craft.
- TCS provides Professional and Technical Services for government customer operations around the world. Combining satellite, wireless and advanced network engineering; IT engineering; and cyber engineering services with facilities and support staff, TCS quickly and cost-effectively supplements the military's resources for the installation and maintenance of communications networks.
Since 1987, TCS has been a trusted provider of communication technology solutions to the government's toughest technical challenges, under conditions that demand the highest level of reliability, availability and security. To ensure mission continuity, TCS TotalCom offers deployable, highly secure communication solutions and complete end-to-end managed services for converged (IP-based) voice, video and data solutions to organizations requiring seamless and secure connectivity between fixed sites and remote operations.
TCS Government Solutions Group President Michael Bristol said: "TCS has long supported the Army with land-based terminals such as the widely popular SNAP systems. Now, in collaboration with Digisat International, the U.S. Army Product Manager Army Watercraft Systems unit has entrusted us with their maritime-based requirements. These advanced, commercial off-the-shelf maritime solutions are all backed by the reliable and efficient expert lifecycle support of our professional integrated logistics team."
- C4I – Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence
- IP – Internet Protocol
- VSAT – Very Small Aperture Terminal
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market-leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services, providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cybersecurity expertise, professional services and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements as defined within Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties and are based upon TCS' current expectations and assumptions that if incorrect would cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Risks include without limitation the possibility that the contract options will not be exercised, that the contract will not be fully funded and those detailed from time to time in the Company's SEC reports, including the report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012 and on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2013.
Existing and prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise the information in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or circumstances, or otherwise.
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.