ANNAPOLIS, Md., March 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced that Tom Brandt, its senior vice president and chief financial officer, has received SmartCEO magazine's 2013 Executive Management Award.
- The Executive Management Award highlights CFOs, CIOs/CTOs, COOs and CXOs in the Mid-Atlantic region who have gone above and beyond to support their organization's initiatives.
- Nominees are reviewed by an independent panel of business leaders who select winners based on the quality of the nominations.
- 30 executives received this year's honor.
- The 2013 Executive Management Award winners' companies collectively generate $1.32 billion in annual revenue and employ over 4,600 individuals in Greater Baltimore.
- Brandt and this year's other recipients will be honored at an event on March 7, 2013 at the Doubletree by Hilton, Baltimore North-Pikesville hotel.
- Thomas Brandt, senior vice president and chief financial officer, TCS, said: "It is an honor to be recognized with this award as one of the business leaders building significant enterprises in metro Baltimore, my home town. I thank SmartCEO and congratulate my fellow awardees for helping to make the Land of Pleasant Living a great place to do business."
In his role at TCS, Brandt has been responsible for the company's financial management, reporting, controls, and administration for 15 years, during which the company's revenue grew from about $25 million to nearly $500 million in 2012. He has held a seat on the company's board of directors since 2009. He started as a CPA with Price Waterhouse in 1973, and subsequently has held corporate financial officer roles at companies including a Baltimore Fortune 500 company and Beltsville Internet Service Provider (ISP) Digex, where he helped lead its IPO. In addition to his work for TCS, he serves on the boards of Antenna Research Associates, a private communications technology company; TechAmerica (formerly AeA), the largest U.S. IT trade association; and the Y of Central Maryland. He holds a bachelor's degree in economics and management science from Duke University and an MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.