ANNAPOLIS, Md., March 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced the EC-Council (International Council of E-Commerce Consultants), the world's largest certification body for information security professionals, has endorsed its Cyber Intelligence Group as an EC-Council Elite Vendor and Endorsed Partner. With this endorsement, TCS' Art of Exploitation™ Bootcamp 2.0 course qualifies as official training for the EC-Council's Certified Ethical Hacking (C|EH) designation, which is listed on the U.S. Department of Defense's (DoD) directive 8570 mandate.
- Under the 8570 mandate, all personnel with "privileged access" to DoD systems must obtain an ANSI-approved commercial certification.
- DoD system integrators who provide support to the information assurance/ cyber security mission can now access TCS' comprehensive, mission-focused training.
- With more than 40 labs, Bootcamp Edition 2.0 is a hands-on course of study that focuses on technical and process skills which align to the knowledge areas contained in the C|EH Objectives. This provides an introduction to the tactics, techniques and methodology required for a network exploitation analyst or operator.
- In addition to the course, its modular design allows individual sections such as Basic O/S Review, Methodology and Vulnerability Identification, to be added, subtracted or taught separately, depending on the requirements of the audience.
- TCS is a participant in the Global CyberLympics, a not-for-profit initiative led and organized by the EC-Council Foundation and endorsed by the United Nation's International Telecommunications Union (ITU) to raise awareness towards increased education and ethics in information security.
- Drew Morin, senior vice president and chief technology officer, TCS, said: "The EC-Council is the leader in information security certification, and achieving their endorsement is a significant accomplishment, as fewer than five programs have achieved this level of recognition. Now, DoD cyber/information systems professionals can utilize Bootcamp Edition 2.0 to gain some of the most comprehensive, in-depth cyber security training available."
- Steve Graham, Sr. Director, EC-Council, said: "After undertaking a critical review of TCS' Art of Exploitation curriculum, we found it meets the objectives necessary to help students obtain our Certified Ethical Hacking Certification. TCS' hands-on approach to training and different perspective to the subject matter will add to the valuable education and training programs for our growing base of certified cybersecurity professionals. We congratulate TCS on becoming an EC Council Elite Vendor and Endorsed Partner."
TCS provides focused training in the fields of penetration testing, forensics-defend strategies and vulnerability analysis and ethical hacking, and brings together many of the brightest minds in security as a forum for research, collaboration and building next-generation technologies to protect critical networks. Students learn and experience computer network operations and forensics in a safe and reliable environment and have the opportunity to choose a field of study that will build on and advance the knowledge and skills needed to be successful in their chosen career paths.
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
About EC-Council The International Council of E-Commerce Consultants (EC-Council) is a member-based organization that certifies individuals in cyber security and e-commerce skills. It is the owner and developer of 16 security certifications, including Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator (CHFI) and EC-Council Certified Security Analyst (ECSA)/License Penetration Tester (LPT). Its certificate programs are offered in over 60 countries around the world.
EC-Council has trained over 80,000 individuals and certified more than 40,000 members, through more than 450 training partners globally. These certifications are recognized worldwide and have received endorsements from various government agencies including the U.S. federal government via the Montgomery GI Bill, Department of Defense via DoD 8570, National Security Agency (NSA) and the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS).
EC-Council also operates EC-Council University and the global series of Hacker Halted security conferences. The global organization is headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico. For more information about EC-Council, visit the website: www.eccouncil.org.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements as defined within Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties and are based upon TCS' current expectations and assumptions that if incorrect would cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Risks include those detailed from time to time in the Company's SEC reports, including the report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012.
Existing and prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise the information in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or circumstances, or otherwise.
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.