TeleCommunication Systems Named Awardee on Worldwide Communications and Infrastructure Support Basic Ordering Agreement Multi-Year Program Enables U.S. Army to Upgrade Infrastructure at OCONUS Facilities
ANNAPOLIS, Md., Feb. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure wireless communication technology, today announced it has been selected as one of 16 prime awardees under the Army's Worldwide Communications and Infrastructure Support (WCIS) Basic Ordering Agreement (BOA). The TCS team includes high profile subcontractors that complement TCS' strengths. The WCIS multiple-award agreement has a period of performance through December 2016.
- The Worldwide Communications and Infrastructure Support basic ordering agreement provides global services and supplies for the modernization of communications systems and the installation of information infrastructure to support worldwide U.S. Army enterprise efforts.
- WCIS is structured to fulfill the OCONUS (outside of continental U.S.) requirements associated with providing capabilities and adaptive processes that support net-centricity, secure access to knowledge, and improved information systems and services throughout the Army environment.
- This BOA supports the Project Manager Installation Information Infrastructure – Communications and Capabilities (I3C2) mission, including subordinate programs the Product Manager Installation Information Infrastructure Modernization Program (I3MP), Product Manager Power Projection Enablers (P2E), and others.
- WCIS is the newest addition to TCS' 31 government procurement vehicles that provide federal agencies the opportunity to leverage TCS TotalCom® solutions, including deployable satcom and baseband equipment and associated field and network operations support services.
- Since 1987 TCS has been a trusted provider of communication technology solutions to the government's toughest technical challenges, under conditions that demand the highest level of reliability, availability and security. To ensure mission continuity, TCS TotalCom offers deployable, highly secure communication solutions and complete end-to-end managed services for converged (IP-based) voice, video and data solutions to organizations requiring seamless and secure connectivity between fixed sites and remote operations.
TCS Government Solutions Group President Michael Bristol said: "TCS has successfully implemented similar critical infrastructure projects for defense agencies and other customers across the globe. Our continued success at winning prime roles on procurement vehicles enables more access by the community of government customers to TCS' products and services. Together with our trusted team of partners, we look forward to the opportunity to serve WCIS customers with our unique knowledge and technology expertise gathered from over 26 years in the communications and infrastructure industry."
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market-leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services, providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cybersecurity expertise, professional services and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements as defined within Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties and are based upon TCS' current expectations and assumptions that if incorrect would cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Risks include without limitation the possibility that no task orders will be issued to the Company under the vehicle and those detailed from time to time in the Company's SEC reports, including the report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012, and on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2013.
Existing and prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise the information in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or circumstances, or otherwise.
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.