TeleCommunication Systems Receives $2.8 Million in Incremental Funding from U.S. Army for SNAP 3T Systems
ANNAPOLIS, Md., Aug. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced that it has received $2.8 million in incremental funding from the U.S. Army for Secret Internet Protocol Router and Non-secure Internet Protocol Router Access Point (SNAP) Tactical Transportable TROPO (3T) deployable communications systems.
- The U.S. Army Project Manager for the Warfighter Information Network - Tactical (PM WIN-T) Commercial Satellite Terminal Program is funding these procurements through the Army's $5 billion World-Wide Satellite Systems (WWSS) contract vehicle.
- The JF-12 certified 3T is a combination of the TCS battle-tested SNAP VSAT system and Comtech Systems' modem. Troposcatter technology overcomes significant terrain challenges that are extremely relevant in today's complex battlefield.
- SNAP's 3T option provides high bandwidth, low latency, non-satellite Beyond Line of Sight (BLOS) network transport for existing and future bandwidth intensive C5ISR platforms.
- The 3T system establishes connectivity at data rates greater than typical satellite links without the recurring satellite airtime costs.
- The increased throughput capacity offers greater speed for bandwidth-intensive applications such as Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) video distribution.
- Bandwidth offloaded onto 3T links will allow better use of the limited satellite resources and provide long-term cost savings to the warfighter.
TCS has established a proven track record for more than 25 years as a trusted provider of communication technology solutions to solve the government's toughest technical challenges, under conditions that demand the highest level of reliability, availability and security. To ensure mission continuity, TCS TotalCom® offers deployable, highly secure communication solutions and complete end-to-end managed services for converged (IP-based) voice, video and data solutions to organizations requiring seamless and secure connectivity between fixed sites and remote operations.
TCS Government Solutions Group President Michael Bristol said: "Now, more than ever, it is vital that our military has cost-effective, easily deployable and reliable communications systems to complete their missions. TCS' JF-12 certified 3T fits these requirements, is a viable alternative to expensive satellite bandwidth, and its approved frequency assignment allows rapid access to global communication networks."
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements as defined within Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties and are based upon TCS' current expectations and assumptions that if incorrect would cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Risks include without limitation the possibility that the contract options will not be exercised, or that the total value of the order will not be fully funded, and those detailed from time to time in the Company's SEC reports, including the report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012, and on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
Existing and prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise the information in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or circumstances, or otherwise.
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.