TeleCommunication Systems Receives $40.5 Million Contract to Deliver Communications Systems Support for U.S. Marine Corps
ANNAPOLIS, Md., Nov. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced that it has received a contract with CACI International Inc. (NYSE: CACI) to provide the U.S. Marine Corps (USMC) with Engineering Services for its Wireless Point to Point Link (WPPL) systems and commercialization effort. The contract includes a base award term of 11 months and two, 1-year option terms; all of which, if exercised, create a total contract value of $40.5 million. Initial funding of $7 million has been provided for the first six months of the base award term, starting September 1, 2013. This subcontract is part of the Rapid Response - Third Generation (R2-3G) contract which offers federal managers an efficient and effective means of acquiring critical items to sustain crucial weapon systems.
- Funded by the U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM), R2-3G is a multiple-award, task order contract that consists of 18 separate Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contracts. The aggregate ceiling value of the 18 prime contracts over a five-year period of performance which began in July, 2010, is $16.4 billion.
- The commercialization effort includes supplying engineering; operations and maintenance for technical control facilities; switched and IP voice engineering; network engineering and administration; server system administration; VM Ware engineering services; Net Admin engineering services; information assurance; and Marine Corps VSAT terminals and WPPL field support services.
- For 26 years, TCS has provided Professional and Technical Services (PTS) for government customer operations around the world. Combining satellite, wireless and advanced network engineering; IT engineering; and cyber engineering services with facilities and support staff, TCS quickly and cost-effectively supplements the military's resources for the installation and maintenance of communications networks.
- As part of the TCS TotalCom® portfolio, the WPPL system provides secure point-to-point and point-to-multipoint, line-of-sight and non-line-of-sight transmission of voice, video and data communications.
- WPPL enables the USMC to close the gap on the "last digital mile," pushing data services to the network edge using a low-cost alternative to more expensive beyond-line-of-sight satellite communications.
TCS has a 26-year track record as a proven, trusted provider of communication technology solutions to the government's toughest technical challenges, under conditions that demand the highest level of reliability, availability and security. To ensure mission continuity, TCS TotalCom® offers deployable, highly secure communication solutions and complete end-to-end managed services for converged (IP-based) voice, video and data solutions to organizations requiring seamless and secure connectivity between fixed sites and remote operations.
TCS Government Solutions Group President Michael Bristol said: "CACI is ever vigilant in meeting the needs of those who entrust them with their projects and processes. We share this value, so working with an industry leader and trusted partner like CACI is an important part of our ongoing strategy to ensure the USMC continues to have the expert, reliable support they need so their communications equipment continues operating at peak efficiency."
CACI provides information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. A member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies and the Russell 2000 Index, CACI provides dynamic careers for approximately 15,000 employees working in over 120 offices worldwide. Visit www.caci.com.
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements as defined within Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties and are based upon TCS' current expectations and assumptions that if incorrect would cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Risks include without limitation the possibility that the contract will not be fully funded, and those detailed from time to time in the Company's SEC reports, including the report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012, and on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
Existing and prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise the information in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or circumstances, or otherwise.
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.