TeleCommunication Systems Showcases Mobile Communication Technologies at CTIA 2013 Attendees Invited to Discover Latest Innovations in LBS, Cybersecurity, Navigation, Messaging and Public Safety Technology
ANNAPOLIS, Md. and LAS VEGAS, May 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- (CTIA Booth: #5629) -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced that the company will be showcasing its wireless technologies at CTIA 2013™ on May 21-23 at the Sands Expo & Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. TCS invites attendees to experience TCS' mobile applications and technologies at booth # 5629. These include:
Location-Based Services (LBS) Applications
- Global Locator Application: A suite of products that include TCS Family Locator™ and TCS Workforce Locator™. These applications let you use either a desktop or mobile device to see an employee's real-time precise and coarse locations. Supervisors can receive geo-fencing or scheduled alerts; additionally, they can send turn-by-turn directions to help employees in the field. All apps are available as branded or white-label hosted implementations.
- Secure the Edge™: A mobile security solution that enables your employees to protect sensitive information when calling or texting from their mobile devices. Secure the Edge is an easy-to-use mobile application employing secure location and government-level encryption, so you can reduce risk and increase control over critical mobile communications.
- Art of Exploitation™: A robust portfolio of performance-based training programs for current and future cybersecurity experts. Three interactive Art of Exploitation workstations will be located in the TCS booth, and attendees can watch a demonstration of workshop tools for malware and forensics.
- Enterprise Security and Protection™: An integrated, end-to-end portfolio of military-grade cybersecurity solutions that provide advanced, persistent defense against evolving threats to protect the modern enterprise − all the way to the network's edge.
- BlackBerry® 10 Maps, Navigation and Software Components: TCS' map, local search, location services and navigation application, along with TCS Location ToolKit™ components included in the new BlackBerry 10 platform, which allow customers to easily search for and locate businesses, as well as points of interest.
- Advanced Automotive Navigation: The latest technology in smartphone integration with an in-vehicle head unit. Features traffic-aware routing, landmarks and 3D virtual cityscapes, providing a cost-effective connected car solution that delivers real-time location and infotainment content for any operating system. The high-end navigation experience can be delivered on very inexpensive hardware and provides driver-centric apps on any operating system.
- MapKit 3D: An embeddable map interface for applications, geocoding and reverse geocoding services, support for custom layers, a comprehensive set of local search APIs, and the ability to integrate deals/coupons.
- Cloud Messaging: A hosted service that enables operators and enterprises to support personalized, high-volume, two-way messaging. It empowers business and government organizations to provide customers, employees, clients or partners with product and/or services information, emergency alerts and critical internal communication.
- Secure Enterprise Messaging Center: An encrypted and integrated two-way messaging service that enables secure, streamlined communication via email, pager and text with employees, customers and partners. This solution meets and exceeds industry compliance standards, such as HIPAA and FINRA.
- TCS Voice over LTE 9-1-1 (VoLTE9-1-1): An emergency communications service that enables 4G/LTE carriers to provide both 9-1-1 call routing and originating coarse/precise location information, including the 10-digit callback number, in an all-LTE environment to public safety access points (PSAPs), allowing them to potentially reclaim or reuse 3G spectrum.
- Next Generation 9-1-1: An end-to-end, first fully standards-compliant NENA i3 NG 9-1-1 system that combines TCS' ESINet and call handling solution with powerful GIS tool suites and related NG 9-1-1 system components and services for the interconnection of all telecommunications operators to both legacy public safety answering points (PSAPs) and evolving NG public safety jurisdictions.
- GEM 9-1-1™: A web browser-based graphical user interface that PSAPs can utilize to manage multiple SMS 9-1-1 sessions. It allows for PSAPs who have IP connectivity to use a feature-rich, advanced, easy-to-deploy service to receive and respond to text messages from the public.
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.