ANNAPOLIS, Md., Feb. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced that the company will be featuring its market-leading wireless technologies at Mobile World Congress, which takes place February 25-28, 2013 in Barcelona, Spain.
TCS invites attendees to stop by Hall 3, Booth 3B15 and experience securing the "Connections that Matter®" with the company's broad range of location-based mobile applications and secure communication technologies, including:
- Comprehensive location-based services (LBS) infrastructure with the flexibility to be deployed in network or as a hosted solution to reduce cost and complexity of implementation.
- A suite of development kits with advanced navigation and location features that can be tailored for individual requirements.
- Navigation and telematics demonstrations, including the QNX CAR™ application platform 2.0 featuring integrated TCS navigation, augmented reality, maps for the BlackBerry 10 operating system and BlackBerry Navigator for BBOS, and WebNav in Abalta Technologies' connected car technology, an elegant solution facilitating the introduction of driver-centric apps in the auto ecosystem on any operating system.
- Locator Applications, including Family Locator and Workforce Locator, that are ideal for desktop, mobile application and connected car solutions. These deliver real-time precise and coarse locations, geo-fencing and scheduled updates − all available in a branded or white-label offering.
- Secure the Edge™, TCS' robust mobile security solution that protects valuable information over 2G, 3G, LTE, WiFi and satellite mobile broadband networks and includes the latest addition to the portfolio: a cloud-based secure mobile communication solution.
- Enterprise Security and Protection (ESP™), TCS' integrated, end-to-end portfolio of military-grade cyber security solutions that provides advanced, persistent defense against evolving threats to protect the modern enterprise − all the way to the network's edge.
- A world-class SMS cloud messaging platform that delivers messages over 2G, 3G and LTE networks.
Attendees will have the opportunity to see demonstrations of these innovations. TCS representatives will be on hand to answer any questions attendees may have.
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements as defined within Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties and are based upon TCS' current expectations and assumptions that if incorrect would cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Risks include those detailed from time to time in the Company's SEC reports, including the report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011, and on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2012.
Existing and prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise the information in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or circumstances, or otherwise.
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.