TeleCommunication Systems to Showcase Mobile Communication Technologies at CCA 2013
Attendees Invited to Discover Latest Innovations in LBS, Cybersecurity, Messaging and Public Safety Technology
ANNAPOLIS, Md. and LAS VEGAS, Sept. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- (CCA Booth: #427) -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced that it will be presenting the latest advances in wireless security and public safety solutions at the 2013 Competitive Carriers Association (CCA) Annual Convention, September 15-18, 2013 in Las Vegas, NV. TCS invites attendees to experience its public safety, LBS and messaging technologies at Booth #427. These include:
Location-Based Services (LBS)
- Xypoint® Mobile Location Center (MLC): Through the Xypoint portfolio, TCS brings together all of the LBS components needed to locate any user across any type of network and deliver that location to user devices, location-based applications, enterprises, emergency responders and public safety services and agencies. Equipped with virtual node technology, the fully integrated Xypoint MLC consolidates all of the capabilities of the various network location servers — precise or coarse location, any wireless interface, 2G/3G/4G/LTE — into one scalable solution. The Xypoint portfolio enables wireless carriers to transform their location-passive networks into reliable, location-enabled environments that increase their value and flexibility.
- Cloud Messaging Center (CMC): A hosted service that enables operators, enterprises and municipalities to send and receive personalized, high-volume messages and data over multiple protocols to phones, pagers, vehicles and machines. Because it is hosted in the cloud, CMC provides operating expense efficiencies, while at the same time assuring scalability and extensibility. Messages can be secured and encrypted to meet various industry standards such as HIPAA, HITECH, HITRUST and FINRA. Enterprises can effectively and efficiently alert employees to urgent, time-sensitive news and big announcements – anytime, anywhere and on any device.
Public Safety Solutions:
- Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1): An end-to-end, standards-compliant NENA i3 NG9-1-1 system that combines TCS' ESINet and call handling solution with powerful GIS tool suites and related NG9-1-1 system components and services. This solution was the first to comply with the NENA i3 specification and supports the interconnection of telecommunications operators in both legacy public safety answering points (PSAPs) and emerging NG9-1-1 public safety jurisdictions.
- microDATA GIS and Mapping Solutions: A mature GIS product and tools suite, consisting of comprehensive training programs; large, highly scalable GIS data gathering and consolidation capabilities; and the microDATA "xTracker™" product, a best-in-class desktop mapping display for use on third-party computer-aided dispatch and call-handling systems.
- Cybersecurity for NG9-1-1: An integrated, end-to-end portfolio of mission-critical cybersecurity services and training, ESP™ Cyber Solutions for Public Safety protects public safety organizations of all types and sizes from ever-evolving, persistent threats.
- SMS9-1-1: An award-winning, Web browser-based graphical user interface that PSAPs can utilize to manage multiple SMS9-1-1 sessions. GEM 9-1-1® is a feature-rich, easy-to-deploy service that enables PSAPs with IP connectivity to receive and respond to text messages from the public. It is compliant with the J-STD-110 Joint ATIS/TIA Native SMS to 9-1-1 Requirements & Architecture Specification and enables PSAPs to transition to a NG9-1-1 infrastructure that supports text, pictures and video.
- TCS Voice over LTE 9-1-1 (VoLTE9-1-1): An emergency communications service that enables 4G/LTE carriers to provide both 9-1-1 call routing and originating coarse/precise location information, including the 10-digit callback number, to PSAPs via an all-LTE environment, allowing carriers to reclaim or repurpose 3G spectrum.
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world.
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
More by this Source
TeleCommunication Systems to Present at JMP Securities Technology Conference on March 4
Feb 19, 2014, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.