ANNAPOLIS, Md. and ANAHEIM, Calif., Aug. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced that it will be presenting the latest advances in public safety solutions at APCO 2013 the 79th Annual Conference & Exposition, August 18-21, 2013 in Anaheim, CA. TCS invites attendees to experience TCS' public safety and security technologies at booth #1625. These include:
Public Safety Solutions:
- Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1): An end-to-end, standards-compliant NENA i3 NG9-1-1 system that combines TCS' ESINet and call handling solution with powerful GIS tool suites and related NG9-1-1 system components and services. This solution was the first to comply with the NENA i3 specification and supports the interconnection of telecommunications operators in both legacy public safety answering points (PSAPs) and emerging NG9-1-1 public safety jurisdictions.
- microDATA GIS and Mapping Solutions: A mature GIS product and tools suite, consisting of comprehensive training programs; large, highly scalable GIS data gathering and consolidation capabilities; and the microDATA "xTracker™" product, a best-in-class desktop mapping display for use on third-party computer-aided dispatch and call-handling systems.
- Cybersecurity for NG9-1-1: An integrated, end-to-end portfolio of mission-critical cybersecurity services and training, ESP™ Cyber Solutions for Public Safety protects the public safety organizations of all types and sizes from ever-evolving persistent threats.
- SMS9-1-1: An award-winning. Web browser-based graphical user interface that PSAPs can utilize to manage multiple SMS9-1-1 sessions, GEM 9-1-1™ is a feature-rich, easy-to-deploy service that enables PSAPs with IP connectivity to receive and respond to text messages from the public. It is compliant with the J-STD-110 Joint ATIS/TIA Native SMS to 9-1-1 Requirements & Architecture Specification and enables PSAPs to transition to a NG9-1-1 infrastructure that supports text, pictures and video.
- TCS Voice over LTE 9-1-1 (VoLTE9-1-1): An emergency communications service that enables 4G/LTE carriers to provide both 9-1-1 call routing and originating coarse/precise location information, including the 10-digit callback number, to PSAPs via an all-LTE environment, allowing carriers to potentially reclaim or repurpose 3G spectrum.
- Ready9-1-1™: A portable, deployable satellite communications solution to restore 9-1-1 call-taking services and remain operational throughout any emergency; the ease of set-up and configuration of this compact, scalable solution allows trained call-takers to stay focused on serving the community and ensuring public safety.
Learn more here:
- APCO 2013 attendees who follow TCS on Twitter can enter to win a free iPad Mini while learning about TCS public safety product demonstrations: https://twitter.com/TeleComSys
- TCS Public Safety Solutions
- Video: TCS CTO Drew Morin discusses Frederick County, Maryland SMS9-1-1 deployment
Since deploying the first U.S. wireless E9-1-1 solution in 1998, TCS has been leading public safety solutions for wireless E9-1-1, NG9-1-1 and E1-1-2. TCS supports half of all U.S. wireless E9-1-1 calls, serving more than 140 million wireless and IP-enabled devices. With the nation's only non-carrier TL 9000-certified wireless and VoIP E9-1-1 Network Operations Center (NOC), TCS' highly-reliable E9-1-1 solutions ensure that a subscriber's emergency call routes to the appropriate PSAP and automatically pinpoints the caller's location information. TCS is recognized as the leading NG9-1-1 company, based on emergency services IP network deployments.
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world.
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.