TeleCommunication Systems to Showcase Next Generation Public Safety Communication Solutions at NENA 2013
Attendees Invited to Discover Latest in NG9-1-1, SMS9-1-1 and Cybersecurity Technology
ANNAPOLIS, Md. and CHARLOTTE, N.C., June 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NENA Booth: #517 -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced that it will be presenting the latest advances in public safety solutions at NENA 2013 on June 15-20 at the Charlotte Convention Center in Charlotte, N.C. TCS invites attendees to experience TCS' public safety and security technologies at booth # 517. These include:
Public Safety Solutions:
- Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1): An end-to-end, first fully standards-compliant NENA i3 NG 9-1-1 system that combines TCS' ESINet and call handling solution with powerful GIS tool suites and related NG9-1-1 system components and services for the interconnection of all telecommunications operators to both legacy public safety answering points (PSAPs) and evolving NG public safety jurisdictions.
- microDATA GIS and Mapping Solutions: A mature GIS product and tools suite, consisting of comprehensive training programs; large, highly scalable GIS data gathering and consolidation capabilities; and the microDATA "xTracker™" product, a best-in-class desktop mapping display for use on third-party CAD and call handling systems.
- GEM 9-1-1TM: An award-winning Web browser-based graphical user interface that PSAPs can utilize to manage multiple SMS9-1-1 sessions. It is a feature-rich, advanced, easy-to-deploy service that enables PSAPs with IP connectivity to receive and respond to text messages from the public. It is compliant with the J-STD-110 Joint ATIS/TIA Native SMS to 9-1-1 Requirements & Architecture Specification and enables PSAPs to transition to a NG9-1-1 infrastructure that supports text, pictures and video.
- TCS Voice over LTE 9-1-1 (VoLTE9-1-1): An emergency communications service that enables 4G/LTE carriers to provide both 9-1-1 call routing and originating coarse/precise location information, including the 10-digit callback number, in an all-LTE environment to PSAPs, allowing them to potentially reclaim or reuse 3G spectrum.
- Enterprise Security and ProtectionTM: An integrated, end-to-end portfolio of mission-critical cybersecurity solutions that protect the modern enterprise from ever-evolving advanced persistent threats.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to hear from TCS public safety technology experts at two conference sessions:
- TCS Senior Director of Product Management Don Mitchell will present "Text to 9-1-1: The Deployment Journey" on Monday, June 17 at 2:45 p.m. This session covers the options wireless carriers have for compliance with Federal Communications Commission rules; how these same rules impact PSAPs in terms of a timeline for community roll out; and provides ways to navigate the operational challenges of text-to-9-1-1 deployment and functional clarity within each stage of possible deployment options.
- TCS Sales Director of NG 9-1-1 Bob Gojanovich and TCS Product Marketing Manager Seth Sonenthal will present "What Does SMS Mean to a PSAP?" on Wednesday, June 19 at 1:15 p.m. Attendees will gain lessons learned and best practices of text to 9-1-1 deployments including testing options, deployment procedures and more.
Learn more here:
- TCS Smart911
- TCS Public Safety Solutions
- Enterprise Security and Protection
- Video: TCS CTO Drew Morin discusses Frederick County, Maryland SMS9-1-1 deployment
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com, follow TCS@TeleComSys on Twitter or like TCS on Facebook.
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
More by this Source
TeleCommunication Systems Reports Third Quarter 2013 Results
Oct 30, 2013, 16:02 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.