TeleCommunication Systems to Showcase Next Generation Public Safety Communication Solutions at NENA 2013 Attendees Invited to Discover Latest in NG9-1-1, SMS9-1-1 and Cybersecurity Technology
ANNAPOLIS, Md. and CHARLOTTE, N.C., June 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NENA Booth: #517 -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced that it will be presenting the latest advances in public safety solutions at NENA 2013 on June 15-20 at the Charlotte Convention Center in Charlotte, N.C. TCS invites attendees to experience TCS' public safety and security technologies at booth # 517. These include:
Public Safety Solutions:
- Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1): An end-to-end, first fully standards-compliant NENA i3 NG 9-1-1 system that combines TCS' ESINet and call handling solution with powerful GIS tool suites and related NG9-1-1 system components and services for the interconnection of all telecommunications operators to both legacy public safety answering points (PSAPs) and evolving NG public safety jurisdictions.
- microDATA GIS and Mapping Solutions: A mature GIS product and tools suite, consisting of comprehensive training programs; large, highly scalable GIS data gathering and consolidation capabilities; and the microDATA "xTracker™" product, a best-in-class desktop mapping display for use on third-party CAD and call handling systems.
- GEM 9-1-1TM: An award-winning Web browser-based graphical user interface that PSAPs can utilize to manage multiple SMS9-1-1 sessions. It is a feature-rich, advanced, easy-to-deploy service that enables PSAPs with IP connectivity to receive and respond to text messages from the public. It is compliant with the J-STD-110 Joint ATIS/TIA Native SMS to 9-1-1 Requirements & Architecture Specification and enables PSAPs to transition to a NG9-1-1 infrastructure that supports text, pictures and video.
- TCS Voice over LTE 9-1-1 (VoLTE9-1-1): An emergency communications service that enables 4G/LTE carriers to provide both 9-1-1 call routing and originating coarse/precise location information, including the 10-digit callback number, in an all-LTE environment to PSAPs, allowing them to potentially reclaim or reuse 3G spectrum.
- Enterprise Security and ProtectionTM: An integrated, end-to-end portfolio of mission-critical cybersecurity solutions that protect the modern enterprise from ever-evolving advanced persistent threats.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to hear from TCS public safety technology experts at two conference sessions:
- TCS Senior Director of Product Management Don Mitchell will present "Text to 9-1-1: The Deployment Journey" on Monday, June 17 at 2:45 p.m. This session covers the options wireless carriers have for compliance with Federal Communications Commission rules; how these same rules impact PSAPs in terms of a timeline for community roll out; and provides ways to navigate the operational challenges of text-to-9-1-1 deployment and functional clarity within each stage of possible deployment options.
- TCS Sales Director of NG 9-1-1 Bob Gojanovich and TCS Product Marketing Manager Seth Sonenthal will present "What Does SMS Mean to a PSAP?" on Wednesday, June 19 at 1:15 p.m. Attendees will gain lessons learned and best practices of text to 9-1-1 deployments including testing options, deployment procedures and more.
Learn more here:
- TCS Smart911
- TCS Public Safety Solutions
- Enterprise Security and Protection
- Video: TCS CTO Drew Morin discusses Frederick County, Maryland SMS9-1-1 deployment
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com, follow TCS@TeleComSys on Twitter or like TCS on Facebook.
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.