TeleHealth Services Enhances Partnership with St. Vincent's HealthCare Providing Interactive Patient Education and Entertainment Solutions TIGR V7 technology to improve the patient experience and simplify clinician workflow
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. and RALEIGH, N.C., Sept. 29 /PRNewswire/ -- TeleHealth Services, the nation's leading provider of healthcare-grade televisions and interactive patient education solutions, today announced an extension of a seven year partnership with St. Vincent's HealthCare (SVHC) to further enhance the hospital's patient education initiatives. The health system will utilize TeleHealth's technology in St. Vincent's Medical Center and new addition, St. Luke's Hospital.
The latest version of TIGR v7 technology will be implemented within both hospitals to allow for greater content functionality, increased tracking capabilities and streamlined clinician workflow. The TIGR system's enterprise architecture enables hospitals to reduce capital investment for interactive patient education systems across multiple facilities or office buildings. Instead of utilizing a fully functional solution in each location, TIGR enables the hospital to install one primary system in a location with enterprise level software. The other locations can take advantage of remote servers that are controlled from the enterprise server thus increasing efficiency through single-point administration.
"Our organization is continuously committed to investing in the skills, tools and technologies that will help us continue to improve the patient experience and to ensure we provide world class healthcare to our community," said Frances Moore, manager for education and organization at St. Vincent's HealthCare. "Because of our longstanding relationship with TeleHealth, we were able to collaborate on a solution that could not only meet our patient education needs, but also empower the patient to play a larger role in the recovery process."
As the nation's leading interactive patient education solution, TIGR enables hospitals to improve the patient experience while increasing the value, quality and service of healthcare delivery. TIGR is an interactive patient and staff education system featuring video-on-demand access to a hospital's entire library of educational videos available directly at the patient's bedside. Complemented by automated documentation capabilities and comprehension testing, TIGR simplifies education delivery.
"St. Vincent's HealthCare is an organization that is dedicated to quality and improvement, and we are extremely excited to extend our partnership with them, and aid in driving improved patient satisfaction and quality of care," said Richard Bootes, vice president of development for TeleHealth Services. "TIGR's ability to provide clinical process improvements, including workflow efficiency and patient request management across multiple facilities, makes our interactive solution a vital component to their hospital's culture, clinical environment and innovative future."
About St. Vincent's HealthCare:
SVHC is a faith-based, not-for-profit health system that has served the people of Jacksonville since 1916. From its conception to its current position as a state-of-the-art medical facility, SVHC continues to provide quality care to people of all ages and incomes. For a regional health system, SVHC offers a range of care that is unrivaled in North Florida.
- St. Vincent's Medical Center is a 528-bed comprehensive, acute care hospital. It is part of SVHC and Ascension Health, the largest non-profit health system and Catholic hospital system in the U.S. The hospital houses one of the nation's oldest cancer programs, St. Vincent's Mary Virginia Terry Cancer Center, which has more than 50 years of accreditation by the American College of Surgeons.
- St. Luke's Hospital is a 313-bed full-tertiary care hospital that serves inpatient, outpatient and emergency care patients. Founded in 1873, St. Luke's Hospital is the oldest private hospital in Florida. It is also the newest member of the SVHC family, which it joined in 2008. As a community hospital, St. Luke's has focused itself on expanding healthcare options for residents in the ever-growing Southside area of Jacksonville.
For more information about St. Vincent's HealthCare, visit http://www.jaxhealth.com.
About TeleHealth Services:
With more than 2,500 healthcare clients across the country, TeleHealth Services is the nation's leading provider of integrated technology and communications solutions for the healthcare market. Combining 50+ years of healthcare expertise and partnerships with industry leading manufacturers, TeleHealth Services is uniquely positioned to offer a full suite of hospital technology solutions that includes:
- Interactive patient and staff education platforms
- Healthcare-grade televisions and accessories
- Patient protection and security systems
- Bedside patient entertainment solutions
- The latest educational and entertainment content
- Custom designed communication systems
- Comprehensive design, implementation, and service packages
- Flexible financing solutions
Headquartered in Raleigh, N.C., TeleHealth Services is a division of Telerent Leasing Corporation. Telerent, founded in 1957, operates as a subsidiary of ITOCHU International, Inc. For more information on TeleHealth, call 800-733-8610, or visit at http://www.telehealth.com/.
SOURCE TeleHealth Services