RALEIGH, N.C., Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TeleHealth Services, the nation's leading provider of healthcare television solutions and interactive patient solutions, will showcase its iTigr® interactive patient engagement solution at the 2013 Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Annual Conference & Exhibition in New Orleans, March 3 – 7, at booth #6153.
TeleHealth's iTigr system delivers powerful staff-to-patient interactivity and care plan management tools that help improve patient satisfaction, reduce readmissions, increase workflow efficiencies, and integrates with EMR, pharmacy, dietary, CPOE, and other hospital technology systems.
Benefits and features include:
- Patient Satisfaction - Advanced service recovery functions and satisfaction surveys to manage patient feedback and expectations
- Convenient Staff Control - Online management and reporting tools for simplified delivery of personalized education content and hospital information with real-time compliance tracking and management
- Patient Engagement – Patient-specific user experience and information delivery to educate and empower patients and family in the recovery process
- Clinical Efficiency - Hospital system integration, automation, comprehension testing, and care plan management to streamline processes and improve outcomes
- Hospital Promotion - HD graphic and messaging capabilities to promote wellness and showcase hospital services and foundation initiatives
By providing patients, clinicians, and staff with the ability to prescribe patient-specific education and execute service requests at the point of care, the iTigr solution offers hospitals a scalable solution to more efficient care while improving patient satisfaction and adherence, at a cost-effective price point.
iTigr's added interactivity provides access to key service recovery and focused education tasks from the patient room via the pillow speaker. iTigr delivers interactive sessions unique to individual patients through bi-directional communication, giving hospitals the ability to tailor their education and entertainment experience. iTigr provides further efficiency in clinical workflow, allowing clinicians to take advantage of valuable teachable moments and deliver more private, personalized care. Hospitals can also utilize iTigr's patient communications features to showcase and provide access to their facility's revenue-generating services.
This year at HIMSS, TeleHealth also is introducing innovative AVIDEX Audio Visual Solutions, which will be on display at the TeleHealth booth. AVIDEX offers:
- Video conferencing for doctors and patients
- Boardroom presentation systems
- Digital signage and way finding
- AV/IT solutions
- Medical simulation
These tools, used in tandem with TeleHealth's highly energy efficient Samsung hospital televisions, offer a comprehensive patient engagement system that greatly improves the patient experience.
"The tools available through iTigr and other TeleHealth Services solutions help clinicians better engage patients and their family members by delivering timely, personally targeted education that increases patient comprehension and supports improved post-discharge care," says George Fleming, CEO. "These systems also provide more efficiently managed service requests. Combined, these processes help satisfy many of the patient-centric regulatory requirements that are directly tied to meeting meaningful use compliance and evolving reimbursement strategies. Through optimized nursing workflows and an interactive approach to care, hospitals are reducing readmissions, improving patient satisfaction ratings, and reducing healthcare costs."
To learn more about TeleHealth Services and the iTigr interactive patient engagement system, please visit www.telehealth.com or visit them at booth #6153 at HIMSS13.
About TeleHealth Services:
With more than 2,500 healthcare clients across the country, TeleHealth Services is the nation's leading provider of integrated technology and communications solutions for the healthcare market. Combining 50+ years of healthcare expertise and partnerships with industry-leading manufacturers, TeleHealth Services is uniquely positioned to offer a full suite of hospital technology solutions that includes:
- Interactive patient and staff education platforms
- Healthcare-grade televisions and accessories
- Bedside patient entertainment solutions
- The latest educational and entertainment content
- Comprehensive design, implementation, and service packages
- Flexible financing solutions
Headquartered in Raleigh, N.C., TeleHealth Services is a division of Telerent Leasing Corporation. Telerent, founded in 1957, operates as a subsidiary of ITOCHU International, Inc. For more information on TeleHealth, call 877-432-9076, or visit at http://www.telehealth.com/.
SOURCE TeleHealth Services