BELMONT, Calif., Feb. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Businesses today rely on IT for employee productivity, to meet the needs of customers, and for overall business success. A well-developed plan defines the role of IT in a business and can have a positive impact on a company's growth and development.
When creating a strategic IT plan, company executives will benefit from asking the following questions:
- What are the company's goals and how can IT add to those plans?
- Are clients communicated with through a unified messaging system?
- Are current applications meeting the needs of the business?
- What types of data does the business compile on its clients?
- What accounting systems need to be set up?
- What is the company's BYOD policy and how will it be implemented?
- Will employees be able to have remote access?
- How is data backed up?
- What is the plan for handling disasters ranging from earthquakes, floods, to break-ins or power outages or computer viruses?
- What is an acceptable amount of downtime?
Answers to the following provide information for an IT budget and timeline. An IT plan should be revised annually.
"Executives need to understand that IT is a tool that allows business people to do their jobs and provides customers with goods and services," says Joe Dito, Chief Operating Officer at MPA Networks. "When technology is well maintained and has been strategically planned, it results in business goals and future needs being met, and helps employees to increase their productivity."
About MPA Networks
MPA Networks, IT-strong for 30 years, is the oldest IT service company in Northern California. The company's IT Managed Services include IT consulting, productivity analysis and consulting, network and server management, MIS manager services, backup and disaster recovery and cloud solutions.
MPA has an exemplary record of client retention; some clients have been with the firm for over 20 years. Its roster of past and present clients includes a wide range of companies including Dreiling Terrones Architecture; Le Boulanger; McAfee®; Mount Eden Investment Advisors; Owen, Wickersham and Erickson; Ray Charles Enterprises; Security Pacific Bank; and the David and Lucile Packard Foundation.
For more information, http://www.mpa.com, or call 650-566-8800.
Available Topic Expert: For information on the listed expert, click appropriate link.
Michael Price: http://www.profnetconnect.com/michaelprice
SOURCE MPA Networks