LIVONIA, Mich., Sept. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following is being released by Michigan Boating Industries Association:
- Find a boat that fits your needs and budget! There is no better comparison shopping opportunity than a boat show. Exhibitors display hundreds of boats of all lengths and styles, including fishing boats, sail boats, cruisers, pontoon boats, personal watercraft, ski and wakeboard boats, canoes, kayaks, and paddleboards. Visit the Information/Discover Boating Booth in the center of the show for unbiased opinions and knowledge of boating.
- Shop accessories, products and services, marina and storage facilities – everything a boater could need! From life jackets to anchors and the perfect marina location to suit your lifestyle, you'll find it here. With great end of season deals and boat show discounts!
- Meet the world renowned colorful sailing personality, Bob Bitchin! Owner of Cruising Outpost Magazine, Bob and his wife Judy will entertain attendees at the Festival all four days and will host the inaugural Michigan Cruising Outpost Party on Saturday, Sept. 21 at 7:30pm. The party is free and open to the public. Food and drinks will be provided (while supplies last). The only stipulation is attendees must be in the show before it closes at 7:30pm!
- Try scuba diving for free in the heated Be A Diver Pool with trained professionals. Suit up and jump in! Adults and Children 10 and older can experience the thrill and fun of scuba at the Festival. All equipment and changing rooms provided.
- Take a break at the Festival and pull up a seat in the Caribbean-themed Tiki Bar. Enjoy cocktails with friends while swaying to the beat of the live music from local bands. Enjoy rock, country and Buffett-style music. See BoatingandOutdoorFest.com for the band line-up.
- Entertainment for Kids abounds at the Boating & Outdoor Festival. Meet a real live mermaid, race your friends at the Minnow Race Track, try driving remote control boats, climb in the Waterwalkerz, enjoy jumping in bounce houses, get a super cool design from our face painter, learn lots in the hands-on Mobile Metropark! And don't forget to climb aboard hundreds of boats of all shapes and sizes.
- Taste the different flavors of local restaurants at the "Taste Fest." Enjoy different foods and treats!
- Meet the street teams from local popular radio stations, 101 WRIF, 94.7 CSX and 105.1 WMGC. Enjoy beach themed parties, win prizes and participate in fun contests and visit with the Knockout Girls from 105.1 on Saturday!
- Are you between 16 and 28? Do you LOVE the outdoors and sharing your passion with others? Do you have an idea that connects your peers to the outdoors that you'd like to see brought to life with grant funding? Register to participate in our OWN Outdoor Nation Summit, chosen to be a host by the national organization Outdoor Nation. For more information and to register visit: BoatingandOutdoorFest.com/outdoor-nation-summit.
- Famous fishermen from all over the country will participant in the Angler's Dream Bass Fishing Tournament launching near the Festival in the Metropark. They'll bring in their haul from Lake St. Clair deemed one of the best bass fisheries in the world! See the final weigh-ins as the winners are chosen on Saturday, Sept. 21 with live music and fun for all.
The Boating & Outdoor Recreation Festival is produced by the Michigan Boating Industries Association (MBIA). The festival, located at Lake St. Clair Metropark, will be held September 19-22, 2013. Hours: Thurs., Fri.: Noon – 7:30PM, Sat.: 11AM – 7:30PM and Sun.: 11AM – 6 PM. For more information, discount tickets, current promotions and contest information, visit BoatingandOutdoorFest.com. Admission: $10 for adults, children 12 and under free with an adult. Parking is $5 – or free to those with a Metroparks permit. General park information can be found at www.metroparks.com or by calling 1-800-47-PARKS. The Boating & Outdoor Festival is sponsored by Great Lakes Scuttlebutt, official Magazine of the Boating & Outdoor Festival.
SOURCE Michigan Boating Industries Association