Tennent's Joins With Celtic Football Club to Launch 125th Anniversary Kit
GLASGOW, September 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
On Sunday November 6th 1887, eight men gathered in the meeting hall of St Mary's Church in the East End of Glasgow, and Celtic Football Club was born.
125 years later, Celtic, Tennent's Lager and Nike celebrate this landmark anniversary with a special commemorative kit to be launched on 2nd October 2012.
Replicating the uniform worn by Celtic in their very first match against Rangers on May 28th, 1888, the 125th anniversary kit features a white shirt with a black collar backed with green, black shorts and green and black hooped socks.
Tennent's Lager and Nike have applied their logos in a manner that is fitting to the shirt and shorts to emphasise the classic nature of the design.
As reigning SPL Champions and back in the UEFA Champions League, Celtic are looking to add new chapters to their illustrious history with the 125th anniversary kit a fitting tribute to a long and rich heritage and Tennent's are delighted to be part of this.
Celtic Chief Executive Peter Lawwell commented: "We are very grateful again to our sponsor Tennent's for the way in which they have recognized the Club's 125th Anniversary season. We have enjoyed a very positive and fruitful relationship with Tennent's during our very successful partnership and they are one of the finest brands with which we have had the privilege to work. We thanks Tennent's sincerely for their support and we look forward to continuing this great relationship."
Paul Condron, Marketing Director at Tennent Caledonian Breweries, said: "We are delighted to play a continuing part in this 125th anniversary year for the club. As a supporter of Scottish football for almost 40years we have a real understanding of what this anniversary means to the club and their fans throughout the world. As we discussed the anniversary kit with Celtic and Nike, we identified a way to incorporate our branding in a way that perfectly fits the design of what will become a truly classic Celtic shirt."
Attached link to promotional video in support of kit launch
- The Tennent's business has been brewing since 1740 at the historic Wellpark Brewery in the east end of Glasgow - built by H&R Tennent and today the oldest running commercial concern in Glasgow
- Founded in 1885, Tennent's Lager is known as an industry pioneer, recognised as being the first commercial lager to be produced to scale in Scotland (and one of the first in the UK) and at the forefront of introducing canned and draught lager to the UK
- The brand is renowned for its iconic 'Red T' logo and for its innovative marketing campaigns, including some of Scotland's most memorable and entertaining advertising
- In November 2010 the business opened its Tennent's Training Academy on-site at Wellpark. This state-of-the-art facility provides high quality industry training that is accessible for the entire industry - not just for Tennent's customers
- In October 2011, Tennent Caledonian launched a major new beer brand for Scotland - Caledonia Best - made with 100 per cent Scottish barley
- In March 2012 Scotland's First Minister the Right Honourable Alex Salmond MSP opened a new £4 million bottling line at Wellpark Brewery
- In April 2012 Tennent Caledonian launched a new premium export lager for the Scottish market: Tennent's Original Export - brewed in Glasgow using the finest natural ingredients.
- In July 2012 Tennent Caledonian was awarded a series of gold, silver and bronze medals at two of the toughest global beer quality challenges: the Monde Selection in Belgium and the International Beer Challenge. Three of the business's new brands fared well in the competitions, with five medals awarded for Tennent's Original Export (UK market), and Tennent's Scotch Ale / Tennent's Extra (Italian market).
- In September 2012, Tennents celebrated the achievement of Scotland's athletes by producing a limited edition commemorative bottle of it's award winning Tennent's Original Export Lager and donating 5p / pint from all sales of Tennent's Lager, Caledonia Best and Tennent's Original Export on 14th September to Capability Scotland.
SOURCE Tennent Caledonian