Tennent's Toasts T in the Park Milestone with Limited Edition Can
GLASGOW, Scotland, April 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
'Here's to 20 Great Years!'
In 1994, a few thousand music fans first packed their tents for an ambitious new music festival for Scotland called T in the Park...
This summer, founding partner Tennent's Lager is joining fans in counting down to T in the Park's 20 year milestone, packaging up the pride and passion it has for Scotland's best music festival with the release of a striking new limited edition can.
Celebrating the enduring success and legendary spirit of the T in the Park experience, the 440ml can features a silver radial design stamped on both sides with the iconic festival logo - and a 'Here's to 20 Great Years!' tribute.
The outer pack transports fans straight to an illuminated T in the Park main stage at night, bursting off the shelf with images of the artists, the audience and the spectacular fireworks that close the festival each year.
The can will be available as a limited edition for the Scottish off trade from late April in 8, 10 and 12 can packs, and a 500ml version of the can will be available exclusively on-site for fans at this year's festival. Consumers will also have the chance to win T in the Park tickets through an on-pack promotion.
George Kyle, Head of Sponsorship at Tennent's Lager commented: 'It's almost impossible to put into words how proud the Tennent's team is of T in the Park and the significance of reaching our 20th year. Our limited edition can is a great way to celebrate with the thousands of loyal music fans who have made the festival the huge success it is today as we all begin the countdown to what is set to be an unforgettable 20th year party.'
Tennent's Lager has earned widespread acclaim for its commitment to music in Scotland, which began in the 1980s with Tennent's Live and continues to this day with T in the Park and T Break.
The T in the Park limited edition can was designed by Glasgow based creative agency, D8
T in the Park
- T in the Park was established in 1994 when DF Concerts, one of the UK's leading concert promoters, teamed up with founding partner Tennent's Lager.
- T in the Park celebrates its 20th year in 2013, with 85,000 music fans per day set to descend on Kinross over 12th - 14th July to enjoy performances from over 200 artists, including headliners Mumford and Sons, Rihanna and The Killers, plus Calvin Harris, Kraftwerk, Frank Ocean, Snoop Dogg, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and many more. Full line-up details and tickets are available now from http://www.tinthepark.com
- The Tennent's business has been brewing since 1740 at the historic Wellpark Brewery in the east end of Glasgow - built by H&R Tennent and today the oldest running commercial concern in Glasgow
- Founded in 1885, Tennent's Lager is known as an industry pioneer, recognised as being the first commercial lager to be produced to scale in Scotland (and one of the first in the UK) and at the forefront of introducing canned and draught lager to the UK
- The brand is renowned for its iconic 'Red T' logo and for its innovative marketing campaigns, including some of Scotland's most memorable and entertaining advertising
- In November 2010 the business opened its Tennent's Training Academy on-site at Wellpark. This state-of-the-art facility provides high quality industry training that is accessible for the entire industry - not just for Tennent's customers
- In October 2011, Tennent Caledonian launched a major new beer brand for Scotland - Caledonia Best - made with 100 per cent Scottish barley
- In March 2012 Scotland's First Minister the Right Honourable Alex Salmond MSP opened a new £4 million bottling line at Wellpark Brewery
- In April 2012 Tennent Caledonian launched a new premium export lager for the Scottish market: Tennent's Original Export - brewed in Glasgow using the finest natural ingredients
- In July 2012 Tennent Caledonian was awarded a series of gold, silver and bronze medals at two of the toughest global beer quality challenges: the Monde Selection in Belgium and the International Beer Challenge. Three of the business's new brands fared well in the competitions, with five medals awarded for Tennent's Original Export (UK market), and Tennent's Scotch Ale / Tennent's Extra (Italian market).
- On 14th September 2012, Tennent Caledonian celebrated the achievement of Scotland's athletes by producing a limited edition commemorative bottle of its award winning Tennent's Original Export Lager and donating 5p per pint from all sales of Tennent's Lager, Caledonia Best and Tennent's Original Export on the day of the Olympians Parade in Glasgow. This initiative saw £16,000 raised for Capability Scotland.
SOURCE Tennent Caledonian
More by this Source
Cheers for Heroes!
Nov 23, 2013, 04:00 ET
Tennent Caledonian Breweries Supports Glasgow Man for World Record Attempt
Nov 08, 2013, 11:31 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.