Tennent's Turns T to 'Gold' to Toast Scotland's Sporting Heroes
GLASGOW, Scotland, September 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Brewer Celebrates with Commemorative Bottle and One Day Charity Donation from all Scottish Draught Beer Sales
As thousands descend on Glasgow to pay tribute to Scotland's inspiring medal winning athletes this Friday (14th September), Scotland's leading brewer Tennent Caledonian will be turning beer into gold to celebrate...in more ways than one!
On the day of the parade, Tennent's will donate 5p to charity for every pint of Tennent's Lager, Caledonia Best and Tennent's Original Export sold across the whole of Scotland. The Tennent's team has revealed it is donating all cash raised to Capability Scotland. As well as campaigning with and providing employment, education and care services to disabled adults and children, Capability Scotland also supports disabled people to access sports and leisure activities.
Tennent's will also celebrate our athletes' achievements this summer by producing 1000 commemorative bottles of its award winning premium export lager, Tennent's Original Export, which will feature a gold version of the iconic Tennent's 'T' bottle and pack, designed especially for the occasion.
Managing Director of Tennent Caledonian John Gilligan comments: 'Like the rest of Scotland, we feel a great sense of pride in our athletes and the success they have had during this tremendous summer of sport. Everyone at Tennent's agreed that we wanted to do something special to mark their victory parade on behalf of our business, our customers and all Tennent's drinkers. So for one day on the 14th of September, everyone across Scotland can toast our athletes and be part of the celebrations, knowing that they're raising some funds for a truly worthwhile cause in the process. And the lucky ones may be able to get their hands on one of our limited edition Tennent's Original Export Beer bottles as a keepsake from the day, which I'm sure will be like gold dust themselves once they're released!'
Details of how to win one of the limited edition bottles of Tennent's Original Export can be found on Tennent's facebook page. Details of the full campaign are available at tennents.com.
Notes to editors
- The Tennent's business has been brewing since 1740 at the historic Wellpark Brewery in the east end of Glasgow - built by H&R Tennent and today the oldest running commercial concern in Glasgow
- Founded in 1885, Tennent's Lager is known as an industry pioneer, recognised as being the first commercial lager to be produced to scale in Scotland (and one of the first in the UK) and at the forefront of introducing canned and draught lager to the UK
- The brand is renowned for its iconic 'Red T' logo and for its innovative marketing campaigns, including some of Scotland's most memorable and entertaining advertising
- In November 2010 the business opened its Tennent's Training Academy on-site at Wellpark. This state-of-the-art facility provides high quality industry training that is accessible for the entire industry - not just for Tennent's customers
- In October 2011, Tennent Caledonian launched a major new beer brand for Scotland - Caledonia Best - made with 100 per cent Scottish barley
- In March 2012 Scotland's First Minister the Right Honourable Alex Salmond MSP opened a new £4 million bottling line at Wellpark Brewery
- In April 2012 Tennent Caledonian launched a new premium export lager for the Scottish market: Tennent's Original Export - brewed in Glasgow using the finest natural ingredients.
- In July 2012 Tennent Caledonian was awarded a series of gold, silver and bronze medals at two of the toughest global beer quality challenges: the Monde Selection in Belgium and the International Beer Challenge. Three of the business's new brands fared well in the competitions, with five medals awarded for Tennent's Original Export (UK market), and Tennent's Scotch Ale / Tennent's Extra (Italian market).
SOURCE Tennent Caledonian