DOWNERS GROVE, Ill., June 19, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Information technology (IT) professionals are invited to join their industry colleagues at CompTIA ChannelCon 2017 to discuss, debate and educate themselves on the market-changing issues and trends that are re-shaping the industry.
This year's conference, July 31 through August 2 in Austin, Texas, will offer attendees three days of conversation, education, networking, and skill building opportunities.
"IT pros are front and center in the digital transformation that organizations are undertaking," noted Kelly Ricker, executive vice president, events and education, CompTIA. "They're cybersecurity defenders, new technology evaluators and strategists who help guide executive and business line decisions related to tech acquisition and usage.
"The learning tracks we're offering at ChannelCon will help IT pros expand their current skills into the areas that are re-shaping the technology landscape," she added.
Track4Techs highlights the ChannelCon educational programming for the IT pro community. Designed specifically for the "hands-on" technology professional and led by industry experts, these sessions provide critical content and training on the technical challenges and opportunities facing IT pros today.
This year's Track4Techs program includes the following sessions:
- Edge Computing: Data Center on Wheels – How edge computing addresses many challenges that enterprise IT faces when running data-centric workloads in the cloud.
- Skills Required to Implement the Cloud: A Report from the Industry – Examine the practical skills that the cloud worker of tomorrow needs.
- Threat Hunting: The Advent of Modern Information Security? – Threat hunting proactively looks for adversaries and traces of their activity. Learn the benefits and drawbacks of "active defense," and where it fits in with other security activities.
- Tools of the Trade: Security Analyst Skills for IoT, the Cloud, or Any Network – An examination of security analytics tools that can be used to find and combat vulnerabilities.
- IoT Tools of the Trade for IT Pros – A discussion about the technologies, processing and storage devices used today; and emerging technologies like 5G networks and the promises they may bring.
- Building a Resilient Network – An overview of how to build a solid network foundation for a safe and resilient digital world.
- The Irreplaceable Help Desk Worker – How new technologies and automation have impacted the help desk worker, and what can you expect in the next five years.
Participants in the Track4Techs sessions are eligible to receive continuing education units (CEUs) toward the renewal of their qualifying CompTIA certifications.
IT pros will also have access to the Tech Trends track at ChannelCon 2017. This track features sessions on smart cities, artificial intelligence, dealing with the deluge of data, the shifting app development world, industrial networks, other business solutions and technologies that directly influence corporate strategy and digital transformation.
ChannelCon 2017 is especially notable and relevant for the IT pro community, as all CompTIA AITP members will be formally welcomed into the association. CompTIA acquired the Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP) earlier this year to establish the foundation of a new member association for IT professionals. CompTIA AITP is scheduled to launch in July.
IT professionals who register for ChannelCon will receive free membership in CompTIA AITP for one year. Current AITP members receive a 20 percent discount on their ChannelCon registration. To register or for more information about the conference visit https://www.comptia.org/channelcon/it-pros.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/texas-size-opportunities-for-it-pros-at-comptia-channelcon-2017-300475335.html