AUSTIN, Texas, Nov. 12, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Texas State Affordable Housing Corporation (TSAHC) has awarded $360,500 in grants to 16 nonprofit organizations serving communities throughout Texas. The grants, provided as part of TSAHC's Texas Foundations Fund program, will support home repairs, job training and other services proven to help very low-income Texans maintain their housing stability, with an emphasis on serving rural areas and individuals with a disability.
The 2015 nonprofit recipients include:
- Austin Habitat for Humanity, $40,000
- Avenue Community Development Corporation (Houston), $20,000
- Buckner Children and Family Services (Lufkin), $15,000
- Coastal Bend Center for Independent Living (Corpus Christi), $35,500
- El Paso Collaborative for Community and Economic Development, $15,000
- Foundation Communities (Austin), $15,000
- Galilee Community Development Corporation (San Angelo), $15,000
- Golden Crescent Habitat for Humanity (Victoria), $15,000
- Habitat for Humanity of Smith County, $15,000
- Habitat for Humanity South Collin County, $15,000
- Motivation, Education and Training, Inc. (Rio Grande Valley/South Texas), $50,000
- My Father's House Lubbock, $15,000
- New Hope Housing (Houston), $20,000
- Panhandle Community Services, $20,000
- Saint Louise House (Austin), $15,000
- Tarrant County Samaritan Housing, $40,000
"Very low-income households need to be able to access programs and services that can help them improve their lives and living conditions," said David Long, TSAHC President. "We're thrilled to be able to support the efforts of our nonprofit partners to help these families and individuals repair their homes and access services to avoid becoming homeless."
Since launching the Texas Foundations Fund in 2008, TSAHC has awarded more than $2.25 million and assisted nearly 10,000 families and individuals. Texas Foundations Fund grants are made possible through private grants and donations as well as revenue from TSAHC's housing programs. TSAHC would like to thank the Rio Grande Valley Partnership and City Bank Texas, along with our generous individual donors, for supporting this year's Texas Foundations Fund grants.
To learn more about the Texas Foundations Fund and the services to be provided by the 2015 nonprofit recipients, visit TSAHC's website at www.tsahc.org.
About Texas State Affordable Housing Corporation
The Texas State Affordable Housing Corporation (TSAHC) is a statewide 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization created at the direction of the Texas Legislature to serve as a self-sustaining, statewide affordable housing provider. To fulfill our mission, TSAHC provides innovative housing programs that help developers build affordable housing, help low and moderate-income households purchase a home, and help households facing financial hardship stay in their homes. www.tsahc.org
Contact: Janie Taylor, 512-477-3563
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/texas-state-affordable-housing-corporation-awards-360500-to-16-texas-nonprofits-300176060.html
SOURCE Texas State Affordable Housing Corporation