HOUSTON, Dec. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Teachers announced the January launch of its newly improved teacher preparation curriculum. The teacher certification coursework is designed to create greater interaction with prospective teachers to ensure they have the skills necessary to be successful in the first year teaching.
The changes to the curriculum are the result of input from Texas schools, teacher candidate feedback and input from Texas Teachers Field Supervisors who directly interact with teachers and principals in schools throughout the state.
"Classrooms have changed and students have changed. It only makes sense that we continue to invest in upgrading our teacher preparation program so that our teachers can still meet the rigorous challenges of today's classroom," stated Vernon Reaser, CEO of Texas Teachers. "This new curriculum will ensure our teachers are prepared to help all students succeed."
- Highly interactive and engaging curriculum where candidates respond to questions and scenarios on screen throughout coursework
- "Hear from the Expert" assistance throughout
- More than 350 hours of pedagogy, field based experiences, key assessments, content methodology and projects, and resources to prepare the candidate for certification exams
- Specialized coursework for candidates to focus on their individual teaching assignment
- New elective curriculum includes more than 600 hours of pedagogy to personalize the training
- Individual students from 'mock' classrooms are woven throughout the coursework to focus attention on the needs of all students in teaching decisions
- Classroom management courses include a decision-making course using the mock classroom
- More than 35 hours of videography from actual Texas classrooms, including interviews with principals and students
- Pedagogy knowledge is assessed through objective assessments and the application of skills through end of course projects and assignments
The curriculum reflects the latest "best practice" in educator preparation to ensure teachers have the tools they need to be the absolute best.
About Teachers of Tomorrow (www.TeachersofTomorrow.org)
Texas Teachers is a part of Teachers of Tomorrow - the largest, fastest growing Teacher Certification Program in the nation, delivering online and in-person training to prospective teachers. Teachers of Tomorrow is also the #2 most diverse ACP in the country with 46% non-white enrollment. Over the last 11 years, Teachers of Tomorrow has certified more than 42,000 new teachers, and in 2016 the Company trained and certified an estimated 7,000 teachers. Teachers of Tomorrow is an approved teacher certification provider in Texas, Florida, and Nevada.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/texas-teachers-launches-improved-teacher-certification-curriculum-300371432.html
SOURCE Texas Teachers