DALLAS, Dec. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas weather is constantly changing from one extreme to another. With wintry weather and cold fronts expected at any time, Verizon Wireless, owner and operator of the nation's largest and most reliable 4G LTE network, offers the following tips to help Texans stay warm and use their wireless phones during inclement weather:
- Don't be caught off guard by bad weather this winter season. Use your resources. Stay abreast of road conditions and school and business closings via your local news stations.
- Remember that cold weather can take a toll on your cell phone's battery life. Charge your battery completely prior to leaving home and use a car charger for the road. There's nothing worse than being stuck in traffic or stranded on an icy road with an uncharged phone. Consider investing in an extra battery as a backup or a car charger.
- Show your phone a little TLC. Improper handling can damage the delicate screens. Be sure to cover your devices and tablets with a protective case.
- Consider adding finger flip gloves to your winter holiday wardrobe.
- Keep your phone in a warm place; avoid leaving it in an outside pocket, purse, backpack or in the car overnight.
- Download free winter apps to your phone, such as:
- Crockpot Recipes – Discover hundreds of perfect winter recipes and mix it up with a new recipe from your trusted crockpot!
- AccuWeather – This app will send you notifications when a severe weather warning has been issued in your area, so you'll know what kind of winter weather to prepare for.
- FlightTrack 5 – Get real-time flight status for airline flights worldwide with a single tap. The app will even update you on cancellations and help you find an alternate flight.
- TheFind – Just type a specific product you're looking for, and the app will locate it at stores near you. It comes in handy in cold weather when you don't want to drive far to get what you need.
More Information Available
- Follow VZWNews on Twitter for ongoing network updates, enhancements and other information.
- See information about Verizon Wireless's year-round network preparation for natural disasters and other emergencies.
- Find additional information on Verizon Wireless at www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's largest and most reliable 4G LTE and 3G networks. The company serves 101.2 million retail customers, including 95.2 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with nearly 72,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. For the latest news and updates about Verizon Wireless, visit our News Center at http://news.verizonwireless.com or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWNews.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless