LONDON, Jan. 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Growing demand for electricity, declining domestic production of natural gas coupled with rising utilization of natural gas as feedstocks for petrochemical plants, is boosting demand for LNG in Thailand. Natural gas and LNG imported into Thailand is blended with locally produced natural gas. PTT Offshore LNG terminal was commissioned in 2011 in Map Ta Phut, with an initial LNG handling capacity of 5 MMTPA, which is further forecast to reach 11.5 MMTPA by 2020 in two phases. Expansion of existing LNG terminals, installation of FSRU (Floating Storage Regasification Unit) and growing demand for natural gas as an alternate fuel are major factors anticipated to positively influence the LNG market in Thailand over next ten years.
According to "Thailand LNG Market Demand & Supply Analysis, By Region, By Application, By LNG Terminal, Competition Forecast and Opportunities, 2011-2025", LNG market in Thailand is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 7.2% during 2016 - 2025. The country mainly imports LNG from Qatar, Australia and Indonesia. Bangkok dominated Thailand LNG market over the past few years, on account of high population density, rising number of industrial units and presence of gas based power plants in this region. Moreover, power sector accounted for highest market share in Thailand LNG market over the past few years, owing to decline in production of natural gas and rising dependence on LNG for power generation. "Thailand LNG Market Demand & Supply Analysis, By Region, By Application, By LNG Terminal, Competition Forecast and Opportunities, 2011-2025" discusses the following aspects of LNG market in the Thailand:
- Thailand LNG Demand & Supply Analysis
- Thailand LNG Potential Demand & Supply Gap
- Regional Market Analysis (Bangkok, Northern, Central, Western, North Eastern, Eastern, Southern)
- LNG Pricing Analysis
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- To gain an in-depth understanding of LNG market in the Thailand.
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth in the next ten years
- To help LNG terminal operators, aggregators, suppliers, marketers and consultants in aligning their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing material
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading market players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer's specific needs
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary research. Primary research includes interaction with LNG terminal operators, aggregators, distributors and industry experts. Secondary research includes an exhaustive search of relevant publications such as company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4646994/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/thailand-lng-market-demand--supply-analysis-by-region-by-application-by-lng-terminal-competition-forecast-and-opportunities-2011-2025-300396132.html