NORTH POLE, Nov. 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- According to Santa Claus' helpers at The Elf on the Shelf®, thousands of kids and parents ask the same question each year: "When will my scout elf return?"
The North Pole is pleased to announce that Scout Elf Return Week™ is scheduled for Friday, Nov. 27 through Friday, Dec. 4. Santa's scout elves are busy tracking routes, testing flight patterns and measuring the wind velocity in preparation for this week.
"Year round, a steady stream of letters enters the North Pole from children asking when their scout elf will return. The number of letters multiplies once November hits. Scout Elf Return Week gives kids a week to look forward to when they can expect their elf's arrival," said North Pole Expert Chanda Bell.
How it Works
During Scout Elf Return Week, elves begin returning to homes around the world to spend the holidays with their families. When a family adopts a scout elf and gives it a name, the scout elf receives its Christmas magic and can fly back to the North Pole each night to tell Santa about the day's adventures. Each morning, the scout elf returns to its home in a different place -- the elf's fun game of hide and seek. Although most elves return during Scout Elf Return Week, all scout elves have different schedules. Some elves return before Scout Elf Return Week, and other elves who are helping Santa may return after the week has ended.
For more information, click here.
Ideas from the North Pole: Ways Families Can Prepare for Their Scout Elf's Return
The North Pole has lots of fun ideas on how families can get ready to welcome back the scout elves for the Christmas season. Families can choose one (or as many as they like!) to delight little ones and surprise the scout elves.
- One of a Kind Scout Elf: Families can surprise their scout elf with a new look from the 2015 Claus Couture Collection®. If they leave the outfit where their elf can see it, the elf will slip into it before his or her nightly flight to the North Pole.
- Write a Letter to Santa: Families can write letters to Santa to fill him in on everything they've been up to over the past year. Once their scout elf returns, he can hand deliver it to Santa at the North Pole!
- Deck the Halls: To break from the hustle and bustle of the holidays, families can sit down and try out some fun, decorative crafts that will make any home elf-tastic.
- Make a Welcome Back Surprise: To welcome their scout elf home, families can build something special -- like this landing net! Families can see other fun ways their elf might choose to return this season after they welcome him or her home by checking out pictures from scout elves around the world.
- Pledge to Do Good: Christmas is a time of not only being good, but of doing good. Families can band together to give back to their community, neighbors, friends or families this season. By putting the focus on goodwill, there's no limit on the difference a family can make! Browse these ideas for giving back.
Families can locate one of Santa's Official Scout Elf Adoption Centers here: http://bitly.com/ElfAdoptionCenter
SOURCE Elf on the Shelf