PITTSBURGH, Dec. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Diners at New York City's famous James Beard House will ring in 2016 with a lavish meal created and prepared by four Chef instructors from The Art Institutes system of schools. For several years, The Art Institutes has partnered with The James Beard House to create a festive celebration of food for culinary enthusiasts, alternating annually between preparing dinners on New Year's Eve and Thanksgiving. This year's menu will feature regional American flavors paired with wines from around the world.
"We are excited to showcase the culinary talents of our chefs and students, and know that those fortunate enough to celebrate New Year's Eve at The James Beard House will enjoy a remarkable meal," said Tim Moscato, Chief Operating Officer, The Art Institutes.
Very few culinary institutions in the world have been featured at The James Beard House and The Art Institutes is privileged to have an ongoing presence over the past several years.
"The James Beard Foundation celebrates, nurtures, and honors America's diverse culinary heritage, and we are excited to once again feature the culinary work of The Art Institutes' faculty and students. This year's focus on regional cuisine will spotlight foods and flavors from across our country, something that James Beard championed in his teaching and writing, and I can't think of a more suitable theme to our New Year celebration," said Izabela Wojcik, Director of House Programming at The James Beard Foundation.
The Art Institutes' Chefs participating in the event are: Chef David Hendricksen, National Culinary Director, The Art Institutes; Jack Kane, Academic Director – Culinary, The International Culinary School at The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale; and Clifton Lee Van On, Department Director - Culinary Arts, The International Culinary School at The Art Institute of California—Inland Empire, a campus of Argosy University. Malka Espinel, Culinary Instructor, The International Culinary School at The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale, will serve as Pastry Chef. Culinary instructor Chef Christopher Delaney assisted in the prep for the event.
In addition to its culinary representation at the event, The Art Institutes will showcase the work of graphic design students from The Art Institute of Charleston, a branch of The Art Institute of Atlanta, who are creating the night's menus. Graphic Design students from The Art Institute of California—Inland Empire, a campus of Argosy University, also created take-home chocolate boxes for guests.
The menu for 2015 New Years Eve Across U.S.A.:
- Petite Nantucket Oysters wrapped with Carpaccio of Snake River Farms Kobe Tenderloin, Sevruga Caviar and Roasted Pepper Mignonette
- Caramel Sauteed Apples atop Carr Valley Sweet Vanilla Cardona Cheese and Cello Parmesan Crisp
- Exotic Meat Market Eland with Gonestraw Farms Duck Egg Yolks, House-made Savory Dill Pickle and Balsamic Cipollini Onion on Grilled Crostini
- Asian Braised Snake River Farms Kurobuta Pork Belly on Creamed Corn Grits with Hoisin Glaze and Shinto Gourmet Mu Kimchi
- Foie Gras Ice Cream Porcini Mochacino Float
- Jacques Copinet Champagne Cuvee Marie Etienne 2006
- Wild Mushroom BelGioioso American Grana Consommé with Exotic Meat Market Pheasant Quenelles, Wild Mushroom Ravioli, Sliced Urbani Truffles and Chervil
- Jacques Copinet Blanc de Blancs NV
- Miso Glazed North Atlantic Halibut on Cantaloupe Scented Creamed Leeks, Fresh Origins Sea Beans and Blistered Baby Tomato Medley
- Capitain-Gagnerot Saint Romain au Bas de Poillange 2013
- Caesar Salad with Fried Oysters and Cauliflower Tabbouleh, Baby Red & Green Romaine with Cello Parmesan Crisp, Minced Chives, and garnished with Roasted Peppers
- Domaine de Couron Cotes du Rhone Viognier 2014
- Roulade of Snake River Farms Herbed Kobe New York Strip Loin and Braised Short Ribs with Sliced Urbani Winter Truffle, Blueberry Braise Reduction Sauce, Crisp Yukon Gold Potatoes, Apple Smoked Bacon Brussel Sprouts, Maple Carrot Purée and Balsamic Glaze
- Domaine du Grangeon Chatus 2012
- Lemon-Fennel Panna Cotta with Toasted Almond Gelato, Meyer Lemon Marmalade, and Marcona Almond Biscotti
- Jacques Copinet Rose NV Champagne
- Petite Mignardises
The Art Institutes is a system of over 50 schools throughout North America. Programs, credential levels, technology, and scheduling options vary by school and are subject to change. Not all online programs are available to residents of all U.S. states. Several institutions included in The Art Institutes system are campuses of South University or Argosy University. The Art Institutes, 210 Sixth Avenue, 33rd Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 © 2015 The Art Institutes. All rights reserved. Our email address is email@example.com.
See aiprograms,info for program duration, tuition, fees and other costs, median debt, salary data, alumni success, and other important info.
SOURCE The Art Institutes