SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Moment, a first-of-its-kind digital technology platform, today unveiled a new service that gives fans unique access to their favorite public figures through customized video messages. At launch, fans can choose to have a personalized video message created by one of over 50 professional athletes in the Moment database, including Charles Tillman, Andy Dalton, Carlos Gonzalez, Yasiel Puig and Tamika Catchings. Fans can save, share and feel good about their customized messages, as 80 percent of the purchase price goes to the cause or charity of the athlete's choice.
"We like to think that Moment is taking the autograph experience to the next level — making it possible for fans to interact with public figures no matter how far apart they are. But ultimately, our goal is to use these conversations to support a greater cause, and the athletes on our platform share this passion and vision," said Michael Williams, Founder and CEO of Moment. "We're starting with sports, but future plans involve expanding the platform to include other genres, such as politics, business, and entertainment, which will give fans unprecedented access to business leaders, candidates and stars through video messaging."
"Moment allows me to quickly and easily connect with fans I might not otherwise cross paths with, all while raising money and awareness for my charity — The Cornerstone Foundation. It's a great way for me to continue supporting children and families in need and give back to my fans at the same time, whether I'm on the road or in the locker room," explained Charles Tillman, Carolina Panther and Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year 2014.
How it Works:
- Users purchase a Moment - which is a 30-60 second customized video from the public figure they choose - via the website.
- Fans compose a message – the request or question can be anything from tips on improving their game, a message for a friend or advice on their career. Creativity is encouraged!
- The request is sent to the public figure, who then records and uploads the video Moment – all from inside the Moment app.
- In an estimated 3-5 days, the user receives the video Moment, which they can save and share with their network over social channels.
- Moment delivers 80 percent of the proceeds directly to the designated cause.
To purchase a Moment, consumers can visit getamoment.com or use the upcoming iPhone app, with prices starting at $100.
Moment is a cause-based digital technology platform that makes connecting with public figures possible and affordable. Via personalized video messages, public figures can give fans a unique digital memory that can be saved and shared. All campaigns and interactions on the platform center around one goal — supporting worthwhile charities and causes. For more information, visit getamoment.com.