The Blairs Wins 2013 PMA Pace Award for "Most Innovative Community"
ROCKVILLE, Md., Oct. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Tower Companies announced today that The Blairs, their 27-acre LEED® Gold EBOM certified residential campus in Silver Spring has won the 2013 Pace Awards for "Innovative Community" for the Lifestyle Program from Property Management Association (PMA). The Blairs has won two years in a row, having scored 95 points out of 100 of the 170 DC regional apartment communities that entered the competition.
"The Blairs has won something every year it's entered and this year is no different. We noted the great staff, the composting, unbelievable resident services, community outreach and unreal laundry lounge. The community seemed to keep coming up with new ideas before anyone else to engage their residents and take advantage of their location. It's truly a city within a city for its residents. Lifestyle concept is well conceived and the effort and expense to make the community green are far above and unlike anything we've seen," stated Rasheedah Ahmed of InterSolutions and one of the PMA judges.
"We are honored to get this recognition for our Lifestyles Program, led by Molly King, because it has generated engagement from our diversified portfolio of clients, ranging from singles, to couples and to families with children," stated The Blairs General Manager, Alexandra Stickelman.
Some of the reasons The Blairs community was honored include:
- Dedicated staff committed to outstanding resident services
- Deluxe kitchens with GE® ENERGY STAR® qualified CleanSteel™ appliances
- Unique ecopads®, apartments filled with green features from appliances to finishes
- Blaircommunity.com has a Marketplace feature that allows residents to post items for sale and offer services that will only be visible and accessible within the Blairs community
- Online Maintenance Tickets - Once a request is received, it is tracked and assigned for resolution according to resident settings
- Packages are electronically scanned so residents can receive instant notification that a package has arrived
- 3 ZipCars Available On-Site
- Little Free Libraries onsite
- Various charitable and civic engagements like food and clothing drives, diaper drives, Earth Month, composting, and battery recycling, and Rock Creek clean up day
- Monthly and weekly Resident Clubs and Events, such as:
- Holiday parties
- Farmer's Market
- Knitting, Running, Book and Game Night Clubs
- Breakfast on the go
- Children's Playdate
- Yappy hour (Dog & Owner Socials)
- Zumba and Yoga classes
- Monthly meet-up for neighbors
- Other events – art classes, indoor gardening classes, movie nights, etc.
Contact: Elizabeth Oliver-Farrow
SOURCE The Tower Companies