The Bloggers Behind Selectism, I SPY DIY, The Glitter Guide and The Denim Guy Help You Get Dressed this Holiday Season in Fashions from Canvas® Lands' End Maximize the Hottest Holiday Pieces with These Styling Tips
DODGEVILLE, Wis., Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Getting dressed this holiday season doesn't need to involve racks of clothing and frequent trips to find new looks. Canvas Lands' End has teamed up with some of their favorite style bloggers to create Arrivals, a virtual pop-up shop series. The mini e-commerce shops, which live on the bloggers' sites, are jam-packed with ideas for how to look great this holiday season. With advice from this stylish group you'll only need a few versatile pieces to look great at every event – whether it's a night out on the town or running holiday errands.
Sequins, Sequins, Sequins!!
"Those in the 'fashion know' can't get enough of sequins this holiday season," says Kristin Rehberg, women's design director, Canvas Lands' End. "Always a holiday staple, sequins are being taken to a new level. The Canvas Lands' End Sequin Mini Skirt is all you need to add a little bling to your holiday wardrobe."
- Caitlin pairs a cozy sweater and suede booties with the mini to play down the sequins and create a glam, yet comfy, look. To amp up the glamor, try a berry-hued lipstick and sparkly nail polish. Recommended pieces to get this look include the Quinn Cone Heel Bootie, the Bestee T, and the Shawl Collar Open Cardigan.
- Jenni takes the sparkle to a holiday soiree this season by swapping the cozy sweater for a sleeker pairing – the sequin mini with the structured and versatile Wright Navy Blazer.
Dressing up in Festive Frocks
When thinking of holiday dresses, minds often immediately think of bling-y cocktail numbers designed for a night out on the town. But dresses can also do daytime duty for Sunday brunches or weekend shopping outings. Try either the Silk Reunion Dress or the French Terry Flecked Dress to get the look right. For how-to style, take this advice from the experts:
- Jenni takes the Silk Reunion Dress to brunch with friends by layering a Men's Chambray Tuxedo Shirt on top and then throwing a Striped Sailor Tee on top of that.
- The French Terry Flecked Dress looks casual yet put together when shopping for holiday gifts when Caitlin pairs it with an Alpaca Scarf and the Quinn Heel Booties.
Tuxedo Style for Men and Women
The traditionally men's tuxedo look has made the transition to celebrity red-carpet style for both men and women. Canvas Lands' End made the classic silhouette casual this season by doing it in denim. Both men and women from the Arrivals team chose to style the Men's Chambray Tuxedo Shirt into their looks – a testament to just how great this piece is. While Jenni layered it over a dress for her weekend brunch look as outlined above, Johnny Pinto of The Denim Guy takes it from work to an evening out by pairing it with Comer 628 Straight Leg Chinos and a Lambswool Cable Cardigan.
Denim Done Right
"Everyone should have a pair of jeans in their closet that can be dressed up, down and everywhere in-between – especially during the holiday season," says J Henley, men's design director, Canvas Lands' End. "Our 608 Slim Fit Jeans in Weathered Wash are great for all occasions. Each pair is individually sandblasted so no two looks are the same."
No two ways to wear them can be the same either when taking the advice of Johnny Pinto and Jeff Carvalho of Selectism:
- Jeff wears his denim casual and cozy this winter season so that the weather can't stop him from his holiday errands. He pairs them with the Wool Down Parka, and Jaspe Jersey Henley. The warm coat means not too many winter layers.
- Johnny likes the jeans a bit more polished with a cuff at the ankle. He takes the same approach of a Henley on top, but trades the Parka for a Poplin Shirt with the sleeves rolled up. This look is chic yet relaxed for getting together with friends.
Last minute holiday shoppers can have the chance to enter to win gift cards to shop these pieces by following @CanvasLandsEnd on Twitter. The brand will be giving away $100 gift cards from now until December 24, 2012. Follow the brand's feed for more detail.
About Canvas Lands' End
Authentic inspiration, modern interpretation: clothing and accessories with an effortless sense of style for women and men. True to its Lands' End roots, everything is Guaranteed. Period.® Sold at canvas.landsend.com, 1-877-877-1963, the Canvas Lands' End Shops at Sears and around the world.
SOURCE Canvas Lands' End