The Boston Globe Names The Kia Optima One of the Top Drives For 2012
Stylish Mid-size Sedan Hailed As "First-Class"
- Award-winning Optima recognized for spacious interior and fun-to-drive performance
- Optima was recently added to the production line at Kia Motors' manufacturing facility in West Point, Georgia
IRVINE, Calif., Dec. 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The critically acclaimed, U.S.-built, Kia Optima added another accolade to its trophy case this week when it was named to The Boston Globe's annual Top Ten Drives List for 2012, beating out more than 100 cars and trucks. Optima's world-class design and technology features impressed editors who dubbed the Optima a "first-class, five-passenger, mid-sized sedan" with a "surprisingly spacious interior," and appreciated the available heated steering wheel during the cold New England winter months.
"With its powerful combination of world-class design, advanced technology, turbocharged performance and outstanding value, the Optima has been turning heads since arriving in showrooms in January and demand has outpaced supply all year," said Michael Sprague, vice president, marketing and communications, Kia Motors America (KMA). "Kia is the fastest growing car company in the U.S.(1)and earning a spot on The Boston Globe's Top Ten Drives List adds to our unprecedented momentum heading into 2012."
The Boston Globe 2012 Top Ten Drives List spans a wide range of vehicles and prices in all segments, but they all feature key core traits such as excellent performance, quality construction, fine details and solid value.
About the 2012 Optima
The 2012 Kia Optima stands apart from the crowd with its head-turning design, fun-to-drive performance, modern amenities and long list of standard safety features. Kia's second U.S.-built(2) vehicle offers drivers cutting-edge technologies, including a standard eight-speaker Infinity®(3) audio system, HD Radio™(4), and Kia's UVO powered by Microsoft®(5) voice-activated infotainment and communications system with a starting MSRP of $19,500(6).
Design-Led Transformation and Product Line
Kia Motors has undergone a dramatic, design-led transformation, which has been delivering dynamically styled vehicles in several important segments at exactly the right time, contributing to the brand's continued gains in U.S. market share. Kia is poised to continue its momentum and brand growth through design innovation, quality, value, safety features and new technology. Kia's commitment to the U.S. market is represented by its U.S.-based manufacturing facilities in West Point, Georgia – KMMG – which is responsible for the creation of more than 10,000 plant and supplier jobs and added the critically-acclaimed Optima midsize sedan(7) to its production line in September. Kia's model year 2012 vehicle line includes the Sorento CUV, Sportage compact CUV, Optima midsize sedan, Optima Hybrid, Soul urban passenger vehicle, Forte compact sedan, Forte 5-door compact hatchback, Forte Koup two-door coupe, all-new Rio and Rio 5-door sub-compacts and Sedona minivan.
About Kia Motors America
Kia Motors America (KMA) is the marketing and distribution arm of Kia Motors Corporation based in Seoul, South Korea. KMA offers a complete line of vehicles through more than 745 dealers throughout the United States and serves as the "Official Automotive Partner of the NBA." In 2010, KMA recorded its best-ever U.S. sales and 16th consecutive year of increased U.S. market share. Kia is poised to continue its momentum and will continue to build the brand through design innovation, quality, value, safety features and new technologies.
(1) Based on comparison of 12-month retail sales from September 2007 to September 2011 of all U.S. automotive brands and 5-year average sales growth.
(2) Assembled in the United States from U.S. and globally sourced parts. Optima Hybrid will not be built in the USA
(3) Infinity® is a registered trademark of Harman International Industries, Incorporated.
(4) HD Radio™ and the HD, HD Radio, and "Arc" logos are proprietary trademarks of iBiquity Digital Corporation
(5) Microsoft is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
(6) Starting prices are manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP), MSRP excludes $750 destination and handling fee, title, taxes, license, options and dealer charges. Actual prices set by dealer and may vary.
(7) Optima Hybrid will not be built at KMMG.
SOURCE Kia Motors America
More by this Source
Kia Motors America Releases 2014 "Red Zone" Special Edition Soul
Dec 06, 2013, 06:00 ET
Kia Motors America presenta la edicion especial "Red Zone" del Soul 2014
Dec 06, 2013, 06:00 ET
Boston Consulting Group Names Kia Motors America To List Of Most Recommended Brands
Dec 05, 2013, 06:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.