The Bump Introduces My Pregnancy Calendar App For The Apple iPhone
-- Personalized Pregnancy Calendar Mobile App Features Customizable To-Dos and Appointments, Daily Developmental Updates on Baby, Safety Advice and More in This Ultimate Pregnancy Resource --
NEW YORK, Jan. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TheBump.com, the fastest-growing pregnancy and parenting website, today announced the launch of its first all-inclusive pregnancy planning application for the iPhone, My Pregnancy Calendar by The Bump, now available for free in the Apple App Store. Moms-to-be now have access to the ultimate pregnancy resource and personalized tools to stay organized and on track anytime, anywhere.
"Today's expectant moms are on the go more than ever," says Carley Roney, editor in chief of TheBump.com. "We're thrilled to offer moms-to-be the most comprehensive guide to pregnancy wherever they are, at the touch of their fingertips. With daily and customizable to-dos, developmental updates on baby and access to community message boards to chat with other moms, this app is the ultimate resource to survive one of the most exciting (and overwhelming!) times in a woman's life."
Features of the My Pregnancy Calendar App by The Bump for the iPhone include:
- Daily Updates on Baby's Development and Mom's Symptoms. When your baby reaches eight weeks, you'll be notified that she's the size of a raspberry, she's moving her arms and legs like crazy and her taste buds are forming. If grandma's dying to know how big baby is each week, you can easily email the update to her or share it on Facebook and Twitter. You'll also get daily updates on your own body changes and information on how to deal with hormones, aches, pains, nausea and more.
- Customizable Appointments and To-Dos. If you've just scheduled your first ultrasound, you can add the appointment to your app, which will automatically drop it into your pregnancy calendar and send a reminder to your email before the big day. You can also add to-do items, such as "pack the hospital bag" and "paint the nursery," so pregnancy brain will never knock you off track!
- Seamless Syncing. The best part about adding your own to-dos and appointments to the calendar and checking them off? It seamlessly syncs with your Pregnancy Calendar on TheBump.com so you're always on track, whether checking to-dos from your work computer or from your phone while on the go.
- Important Checkup and Test Information. Undecided if you should get a CVS test? The calendar will automatically include suggested tests and checkups with information on what will go on during the appointment and how to decide if it's right for you.
- Community On the Go. The heart of TheBump.com has always been its community, with more than 500,000 posts per month on more than 100 message boards ranging from Baby Showers to Breastfeeding. All the message boards where moms love to give advice and ask questions are available through the app so women can connect with each other whenever and wherever they are.
- Pregnancy Safety Advice. Not sure if you can eat sushi while pregnant? Need to color your hair but you're scared it will harm the baby? This app is loaded with safety information and advice on what's totally safe and what you should absolutely avoid during those nine months. You can also share this information on Google+, Twitter, Facebook and email.
- Weekly Bump Photo Gallery. Keep track of your growing bump each week in the pregnancy bump photo gallery. Simply snap a picture and upload it to the appropriate week to create a growing nine-month gallery; then easily share the pic with your family and friends on Facebook, Twitter and email.
- Daily Journal Notes. Many moms want to remember exactly how they felt when they found out the sex of their baby or what they experienced during the final month of pregnancy. With the daily notes function, comments can be written and added to the calendar, creating a pregnancy journal that you can look back on anytime you want to relive the journey all over again!
The Bump is the only multiplatform resource giving first-time moms the inside scoop on fertility, pregnancy and new mommyhood, reaching millions of moms each year through The Bump Network, including TheBump.com, Breastfeeding.com and The Bump local guide. The Bump editorial team, "born" on The Knot, provides new moms stage-by-stage advice, stylish ideas, local resources, interactive tools and a savvy online community who are obsessed with knowing about everything baby. The Bump is a part of XO Group Inc. (NYSE: XOXO), a global media and technology leader devoted to weddings, pregnancy and everything in between. Follow The Bump on Twitter @thebump.
Public Relations Manager
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.