- Consumer Advocate Ralph Nader
- John Bogle, the founder and retired CEO of The Vanguard Group
- Pat Quinn, Former Governor of Illinois
- Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton, Delegate to Congress, D.C.
- Mitchell Garabedian - advocate for hundreds of victims of childhood sexual abuse. Most recently, he has been portrayed by Stanley Tucci in the Academy Award winning film Spotlight
- Bill McKibben, Founder 350.org
- Karen Hobert Flynn, President, Common Cause
- Nell Minow, Vice Chair, ValueEdge Advisors
- Joan Claybrook, President Emeritus, Public Citizen, and Former Administrator of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
The complete list of speakers is available at: BreakingThroughPower.Org
Building Civic Skills, Breaking Through Apathy, September 26, 2016 (Carnegie Institution of Washington) will feature presentations by our nation's leading citizen advocates and scholars to discuss successful strategies and techniques that can strengthen our civic culture and democracy.
Controlling What We Own, Shifting Power, September 27, 2016 (Carnegie Institution of Washington) brings together leaders from business, corporate governance, organized labor, and academia, to discuss initiatives that will make corporations accountable to shareholders and stakeholders.
Citizen Action and D.C. Statehood, September 28, 2016 (DAR Constitution Hall) will showcase national leaders who have pioneered sustainable advocacy models, grassroots citizen activists, and elected officials who are championing the drive for D.C. Statehood.
Celebrating Tort Law and Civil Justice, September 29, 2016 (DAR Constitution Hall) will convene leading practitioners and scholars from around the country who will provide unique insights and practical advice on protecting and expanding Tort Law.
For More Information on Unsafe at Any Speed: https://blog.nader.org/2015/11/30/unsafe-at-any-speed-fiftieth-anniversary
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-center-for-study-of-responsive-law-announces-september-breaking-through-power-conference-300322299.html
SOURCE Center for Study of Responsive Law