AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Donations include toys, clothing, household merchandise and 20,000 die cast cars
The Chrysler Foundation is making the season brighter for local children and their families by donating more than 30,000 gifts, including toys, clothing, bicycles, household items and even pet supplies to six Southeastern Michigan organizations, such as the U. S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program.
Please click the following link to view the multimedia assets associated with this news release: http://media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do?id=13604&mid=2
"We're moved by our community's generous spirit, and hope that every child has a joyous holiday season," said Jody Trapasso, Senior Vice President - External Affairs, Chrysler Group LLC and President of The Chrysler Foundation. "There's something magical about a child's smile during the holidays, and we want to thank the City of Auburn Hills, the Michigan State Police, and our other partners who helped make this holiday season special for families throughout Southeastern Michigan."
In preparation for delivery of the gifts, Chrysler Group employees, Auburn Hills Police Department (AHPD) officers and Michigan State Police troopers gathered Monday, at the AHPD's garage to sort and load approximately 30 pallets of merchandise. Among the more unique items in inventory were 20,000 die cast cars and trucks − scale model replicas of some of Chrysler Group's most popular vehicles. A portion of the model cars, along with other items, will be delivered to Marine Toys for Tots by the Michigan State Police, while Chrysler Group employees will make deliveries to the remaining agencies, including:
- Boys & Girls Club – Matilda R. Wilson Club of Auburn Hills
- Coalition On Temporary Shelter (COTS)
- Focus: HOPE
- U. S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program / Michigan State Police
- Orchards Children's Services
- The Salvation Army in Macomb
In addition to the donation of gifts to local charities by The Chrysler Foundation, Chrysler Group employees are engaged in a variety of charitable initiatives, including toy, food and clothing drives which will impact even more residents. Following is a list Chrysler Group departments, activities and charitable organizations that are the beneficiaries of these initiatives:
- Body Engineering - Decorating Homes, Grace Centers of Hope,
- Chrysler Group Headquarters - Blood Drive, American Red Cross of Southeastern Michigan
- Design Office - Art Supplies Drive, "Designers of Tomorrow" Pontiac/Lincoln High Schools
- External Affairs - Holiday party for agency families, Orchards Children's Services
- Network Development - Winter Clothing Drive, HAVEN
- Quality - Toy & Food Drive, The Baldwin Center
- Vehicle Integration - Children's Hat & Mitten Drive, The Baldwin Center
- Veterans Committee - Toy Drive, Warren Goodfellows
Chrysler Group is also donating $100 to United Way for Southeastern Michigan for every Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge, Ram Truck and FIAT brand vehicle sold in the Detroit metropolitan area during the month of December.
There are 42 Chrysler Group dealerships in the Detroit metro area that are participating in this unique program.
"December is a time of giving and at Chrysler Group we are fortunate to be in a position to give back to the community that stood with us during our difficult times," said Reid Bigland, President and CEO – Dodge Brand and Head of U.S. Sales. "Even though the Detroit auto industry is doing well again, that success is not universally shared with all of our citizens and by giving to United Way we can help those less fortunate get back on their feet again."
About The Chrysler Foundation
During the past 59 years, The Chrysler Foundation has established a proud legacy of enriching the physical, educational and cultural needs of local communities in which Chrysler Group LLC conducts business. The Chrysler Foundation embodies the values of the Company and its employees and, since its inception, has awarded more than $500 million in charitable grants.
Chrysler employees also have a strong commitment to helping improve their communities by volunteering their time and talents in the places where we live and work.
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC