The Colony Group Names Six New Principals
BOSTON, Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Colony Group, LLC, a wealth management company with over $3.3 billion in assets under management, announced the elevation of Patrick Donnelly, CFP®, Rick Macdonald, CFA, CFP®, Erin Manganello, CFP®, Peter Mitrano, CFA, CFP®, Joseph Salvati, CFP®, and Janet Tighe, CFP®, as Principals. With the addition of these six individuals, the company's senior leadership team now includes 28 Principals, highlighting its commitment to growing the firm.
Michael Nathanson, Chairman and CEO of The Colony Group, said, "The elevation of these six extraordinary individuals is the latest installment in The Colony Group's multi-year commitment to building the deepest, most talented, and most capable team of professionals in the wealth management industry. We strive to ensure that our clients experience service excellence not only now but for generations to come, and these new principals will be integral in continuing to deliver the high quality, comprehensive financial advice that our clients have come to expect from us."
- Patrick Donnelly is a Senior Financial Counselor in Colony Wealth Management. Patrick is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner and has presented on personal finance before corporate and educational organizations, including Harvard University and Boston University School of Law. Patrick earned his BA from Susquehanna University and received his Certificate in Financial Planning from Boston University.
- Rick Macdonald is a Senior Financial Counselor at The Colony Group with over 10 years of experience in financial planning. He is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, holds the Chartered Financial Analyst designation, and is a member of the Boston Security Analysts Society. Rick has been included twice in Boston Magazine's list of "Five Star Wealth Managers" and has been quoted in several publications. He earned his BA from the University of Massachusetts and received both his MBA and his MS in Finance from Boston College.
- Erin Manganello is a Senior Financial Counselor in Colony Wealth Management, the firm's financial counseling division. She is a graduate of Saint Francis University and received her Certificate in Financial Planning from Boston University. Erin is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner and has extensive experience in comprehensive financial planning for high-net-worth clients.
- Peter Mitrano is a Senior Financial Counselor in Colony Wealth Management. He earned his BSBA in Finance from the University of Massachusetts at Lowell and is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, an Accredited Asset Management Specialist, a member of the Boston Security Analysts Society, and a holder of the Chartered Financial Analyst designation. Peter has presented to corporate audiences on a variety of financial planning topics and has been included four times in Boston Magazine's list of "Five Star Wealth Managers."
- Joseph Salvati is a Senior Financial Counselor at The Colony Group and a Senior Vice President in charge of the firm's Naples, Florida office. Joe is a graduate of Brandeis University and a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional and has provided comprehensive wealth management services to high-net-worth clients for over 10 years.
- Janet Tighe is a Senior Financial Counselor who brings extensive experience in investment management and the development of asset allocations as well as tax, retirement, insurance, and estate planning. She has appeared on Boston's FOX25 TV news broadcasts to discuss financial planning topics and has been featured and quoted in several industry-leading publications. Janet earned her BS from Rider University and her MBA from New York University's Stern School of Business. She is a member of the Financial Planning Association and is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner.
About The Colony Group, LLC
The Colony Group, LLC is an independent, fee-only, wealth management company with over $3.3 billion in assets under management and offices in Massachusetts, New York, and Florida. Founded in 1986, The Colony Group, with nearly 70 employees, provides high-net-worth individuals and families, corporate executives, professionals, and institutions with deep expertise that goes beyond investment management and also encompasses the full suite of financial counseling services, including tax, estate, retirement, and philanthropic planning, asset allocation, and cash and risk management. For more information, please visit www.thecolonygroup.com.
CONTACT: Robert Whelan of The Colony Group, LLC, +1-617-723-8200, email@example.com
SOURCE The Colony Group, LLC