WASHINGTON, April 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Dr. Victor will host an annual Earth Day Event Sunday, April 21st at 2:30 p.m. Children will participate in activities and learn tips on how to incorporate recycling, reducing and reusing into their everyday routines. "We have to make taking care of our planet a habit. Starting early is the key. If our children start now, in 20 years we may be in a much better predicament," says Dr. Victor.
Parents will also have the chance to learn something interesting, when they check out a Green designed space. The DC Dentist is one of the area's first Eco-Friendly dental offices. Dr. Victor made several design choices that are both socially responsible, but make good use of space. He tells us, "I knew when I began this practice, it would be more than a holistic and biological experience for my patients. I wanted to make sure that the environment where patients were receiving treatments was healthy as well."
Dr. Victor went many steps beyond designing a clean and modern space for his clients to enjoy; he utilized processes and materials and uses equipment to ensure that his state-of-the art green dental office can become LEED Certified.
Green Dental Office:
- Restoration of original 1904 restored Terrazzo flooring
- Ceiling tiles recycled from plastic bottles
- Reduction in heating/cooling cost through using UV light window film
- Energy efficient bulbs throughout office
- Low radiation x-rays
- Prevent mercury from entering waste water by using an Amalgam separator
- Protection from harmful fumes through using low-VOC paint
- Green roof to reduce storm water runoff
Eco-Friendly Dental Office Management Practices - See how Dr. Victor runs his dental office to reduce waste including:
- Online patient registration forms which save paper and trees;
- Patient dental appointment via smart phone text messages instead of paper postcards;
- Recycling program in the dental office including a mercury tooth filling removal and disposal system.
Dr. Victor's passion is helping his patients see that maintaining their dental health is integral to maintaining their overall health. Dr. Victor also helps his patients transform their "not so perfect" smile to an attractive smile with cosmetic dentistry.
Dr. Terry Victor is a graduate of Howard University College of Dentistry in Washington, DC. He has completed a general practice residency at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Washington, DC.
Dr. Victor is a member of The Academy of General Dentistry. He is an accredited member of the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT). Dr. Terry Victor is also a member of the Eco-Dentistry Association.
Contact Viveka Bizzell-Palmer for more information on this or other news releases by calling (202) 509-6935.
For more information on attending the Earth Day event or to make a dental appointment, please contact The DC Dentist, 202-544-3626 or visit online at http://www.thedcdentist.com.
SOURCE Dr. Terry Victor