Some highlights from the report:
- Lazard Ltd. was the top financial adviser to distressed companies in the second quarter, with 32 deals. Houlihan Lokey Inc. was second, with 18 deals. Moelis & Co. and PJT Partners Inc. tied for third, with 16 deals each. Rothschild & Co. ranked fourth with 15 deals. Rounding up the top five was Evercore Partners Inc., with 12 deals.
- Moelis & Co. LLC was the top financial adviser to creditors, with 18 deals. PJT Partners Inc. was second, with 10. Houlihan Lokey ranked third, with nine deals. Rothschild & Co. ranked fourth, with five deals. Ducera Partners LLC ranked fifth, with four deals.
- Among law firms, Kirkland & Ellis LLP was the top counsel to distressed companies, with 16 deals. Latham & Watkins LLP and Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP tied for second, with eight deals each. Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP and Vinson & Elkins LLP tied for third, with seven deals each.
- Latham & Watkins LLP ranked first for the top counsel to creditors, with 16 deals. Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP and Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP tied for second, with nine deals each. Kirkland & Ellis LLP ranked third, with seven deals. Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP ranked fourth, with six deals.
- FTI Consulting Inc. was the top restructuring advisers to distressed companies for the second quarter, with 12 deals. Alvarez & Marsal LLC was ranked second, with eight. Deloitte and PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP tied for third, with five deals each. AlixPartners LLP and KPMG tied for fourth, with four deals each.
The full report is available online, or learn more about The Deal's Out-of-Court Restructuring League Tables by visiting http://www.thedeal.com/out-of-court/.
About The Deal's Out-of-Court Restructuring League Tables
The Deal's Out-of-Court Restructuring league tables are based on distressed companies that have announced financial restructurings for the second quarter of 2016. Minimum requirements for inclusion include: announcement date between April 1 and June 30, 2016; at least one (1) piece of debt amount stated (bond, note, loan, credit facility, etc.); credit facility security (secured or unsecured); and name of the distressed company. Roles in the league tables will be: legal advisory, financial advisory and other advisory (including Public Relations or Restructuring Adviser).
About The Deal
The Deal is a media and technology company providing over 100,000 users with actionable ideas from its two services - The Deal & BoardEx. Law firms, investment banks, private equity firms and hedge funds use The Deal service to find their next deal and BoardEx to connect the dots between their organizations and clients. The Deal is a business unit of TheStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: TST) and has offices in New York, London, Washington, Petaluma, Calif., and Chennai, India. For more information, visit www.thedeal.com.
Contact: Ashley Klepach, 212.321.5048, ashley.klepach at thestreet.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-deal-reports-that-the-energy-sector-continues-to-dominate-restructurings-announces-q2-out-of-court-restructuring-league-tables-300310338.html
SOURCE TheStreet, Inc.