"Forget big data, social, mobile and cloud. The real change in the past decade is that technology is no longer a business enabler; it is the business. When your business is on the line and your function is front and center, you need a method and system born in technology and designed for technology leaders. TBM is that method and system, and this book is the definitive manual for the management system of the modern technology-based enterprise," said Ralph Loura, Global CTO, Rodan + Fields.
Authored by TBM Council General Manager Todd Tucker, the book is supported by the Council's Board of Directors and serves the nonprofit's mandate for education and standardization. The board is led by CIOs and CTOs from AIG, AOL, ExxonMobil, Microsoft, SunTrust Banks, WorleyParsons and many more with the aim to establish and promote business management standards and practices that empower IT executives to collaborate with their business partners.
"For many CIOs, the value they deliver is elusive," said Chris Pick, President of the TBM Council. "Many IT leaders find themselves trapped in a vicious cycle of defending their budgets, cutting resources when times are tight, and struggling to keep pace with an insatiable business appetite for innovation. The TBM book was written to serve as a key resource to help IT leaders leverage and share facts to make better business decisions around their technology investments."
With the new TBM book, IT leaders will better understand:
- A proven framework of TBM that defines the disciplines of creating transparency, delivering value for the money, shaping business demand, and governing for value
- How to arm IT leaders with the facts and tradeoffs that are essential to value conversations internally and with their business partners
- Practical guidance for optimizing run-the-business spending to better fund and govern change-the-business investments
- How better business management helps the IT organization be a better service provider, value partner and business driver
- Using transparency to manage all technology resources — people, assets, vendors, services and cloud
To download a copy of the book or learn more about Technology Business Management, please visit: http://tbmcouncil.org/learn-tbm/tbm-book.html
About the TBM Council
The Technology Business Management (TBM) Council is a nonprofit business entity focused on the development of a definitive framework for running technology organizations like a business. It is governed by an independent board of IT leaders from a diverse group of the world's most innovative companies like Cisco Systems, DuPont, ExxonMobil, First American, Goldman Sachs, Hewlett-Packard, Microsoft, Nike, WorleyParsons, Apptio, and more. The TBM Council's mission is to serve its members by delivering on key mandates of collaboration, standardization, and education. To learn more about the TBM Council, visit: www.tbmcouncil.org.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-definitive-guide-to-technology-business-management-now-available-300281226.html
SOURCE Technology Business Management (TBM) Council