COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo., June 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Patient engagement is a key challenge facing the healthcare industry. As new regulations require improvement in patient outcome, providers are seeking innovative ways to employ technology to support these initiatives. Results are limited – healthcare apps are rarely used, and digital tools have little impact on patient engagement.
Spearheaded by Dave Norton, PhD, founder of the Digital Consumer Collaborative, the 2017 Digital Healthcare Collaborative is a year-long program designed to help healthcare providers identify insights that will drive patient engagement.
The Healthcare Collaborative has identified the following areas for discussion:
- Digital consumerism has transformed industries, increasing value and lowering cost, and has potential to do the same in the healthcare industry
- Greater patient engagement (and expected activation) promises – but may not be able to deliver – greater health outcomes and wellbeing
- Providers facing a competitive landscape need to attract and retain younger, technology savvy members who prefer and expect digital interactions
- Failure of many apps produced by healthcare providers to achieve broad appeal and adoption suggests that an inside-out approach is not living up to the potential
- Apple, Google, and other mHealth initiatives from startups are entering the healthcare space striving to give consumers more convenience and control
Collaborative participants will guide research and discovery to address these issues. Norton, founder of Stone Mantel and author of Digital Context 2.0: Seven Lessons In Business Strategy, Consumer Behavior, And The Internet Of Things, and his team of researchers, will conduct the primary research and quantitative research.
Participating organizations help to fund the research and are asked to submit realistic scenarios regarding problems that need solutions. Scenarios include:
- Baby is diagnosed at birth with genetic disorder that will not manifest itself until her late teens or early 20s. What is an effective way to help the family and stay in contact throughout the patient journey?
- Patient has markers that indicate a pre-diabetic condition. Medical treatment is not required, but healthy living is necessary to reduce risk. How do you engage the individual to produce a healthy outcome?
The 2017 Digital Healthcare Collaborative grows out of the Digital Consumer Collaborative, an initiative that has helped some of the best brands develop strategies for the next wave of technologies. For more information about the 2017 Digital Healthcare Collaborative visit www.thecollaboratives.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-digital-consumer-collaborative-announces-large-healthcare-study-on-patient-engagement----the-2017-digital-healthcare-collaborative-300290065.html
SOURCE Digital Collaboratives