VIRGINIA BEACH, Va., Oct. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Dump, America's #1 furniture outlet selling high-end furniture at dramatic discounts, today announced that its eagerly awaited October 11th grand opening of its 134,000 square-foot Lombard, Ill. location, will feature 40 unique showrooms of designer market samples recently introduced at the International Furniture Show in High Point, North Carolina.
"To celebrate the opening and our official entrance into the Chicago marketplace, we've purchased hundreds of actual design prototypes from leading designers in home furnishings today – from names like Calvin Klein, Natuzzi Italia, Sherrill, Jonathan Louis, and Old Hickory Tannery. Our customers will acquire these new lines before they reach retail stores and receive discounts of 50% and more," said E.J. Strelitz, President & CEO of The Dump. "In addition, some of the brand names we are offering to our customers are so discounted that we are forbidden to mention them by name. For The Dump to offer a sample sale with a selection of this magnitude highlights the unique nature of our high-end offering to the Chicago marketplace."
To achieve highly discounted prices of high-end furniture, The Dump uses a variety of sources, including showroom samples, overstocks, one-of-a-kinds, factory sell-outs and design prototypes. To keep overhead low, all locations are open just Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This schedule also allows The Dump to refresh and replenish the entire inventory before the weekend rush, which ensures a fresh shopping experience each weekend for The Dump consumers.
The October 11th sample sale will feature savings of up to 87 percent off for pieces in 40 showrooms, including these well-known brands:
- Calvin Klein – The iconic minimalism of Calvin Klein translated to home. An array of pieces ranging from beds, mirrors, side tables, sofas, bookcases and more for the living and dining room, media room, library, and bedroom.
- Natuzzi Italia – A beautiful selection of Natuzzi, Italy's largest designer of renowned Italian leather chairs, sectionals, sofas and love seats.
- Sherrill Furniture – Perhaps the most respected name in high-end upholstered furnishings, which have been handcrafted and bench-made for seventy years by skilled craftsmen in Hickory, North Carolina.
- Jonathan Louis – California's fashion forward brand for home expression featuring beds and headboards, plus an array of sleek upholstered furniture, including chairs, ottomans, sectionals, sofas and more.
- Robert Michael - Makers of fine custom upholstery, featuring sectionals, sofas, accent chairs, accent ottomans, and more. Distinctive oversized furnishings with handmade goose-down seating from California.
- Old Hickory Furniture – The creators of the finest antique leather furniture use solid wood frames from Italy and France, leather hides from the world's finest tanneries, and exquisite European fabrics.
In addition to the 40 showrooms of furniture, the grand opening sample sale includes savings on the full selection of The Dump's high-end products including rugs and mattresses.
- Five thousand hand-knotted rugs - Names like Joseph Abboud, Calvin Klein, Barclay Butera, Jenny Jones, Kapoor and Samad. Most rugs are sourced directly from the loom and priced as much as 70% lower than stores in New York, Los Angeles and London.
- Chicagoland's largest mattress store - Handmade mattresses by Aireloom of Beverly Hills, A.H. Beard of Australia, and the authentic Four Seasons. Introducing an entire Tempurpedic store-within-a-store as well as Europe's favorite – Pure Latex Bliss of London, Paris and Hong Kong.
About The Dump
The Dump Furniture Store, a division of Virginia Beach-based Haynes Furniture, is one of the nation's Top 50 Furniture Retailers with 11 locations in Illinois, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, Georgia, Arizona, and New Jersey. The Strelitz family has owned Haynes Furniture, Virginia's largest furniture retailer, since 1930, and E.J. Strelitz, CEO of The Dump, is the third generation of family at the company. The nation's largest furniture outlet chain, The Dump is open to the public three days a week and features deep discounts on the latest home furnishing styles. For more information, visit www.TheDump.com.
SOURCE The Dump