LONDON, February 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
What does the future hold for the banking industry?
As the banking industry experiences systemic change brought on by technology disruptors and sweeping regulatory reforms, The Economist Events will convene more than 150 senior representatives to discuss the sector's prospects at The Future of Banking 2016 at The Shangri-La in Paris on March 10th 2016.
The Economist Events' Future of Banking 2016 will unite senior representatives from multinationals, challengers, new technology and emerging banking organisations with executives from the financial service sectors, together with policy makers, economists and academics. With increasing regulation coinciding with the advent of new technologies in financial services, the sector needs to keep up with the exponential pace of technology, while creating a sustainable and scalable business model which meets the demands of customers, investors and regulators.
Edward McBride, The Economist's finance editor, who will be chairing the event, commented: "It is an exciting time for the global banking industry, which faces unprecedented change thanks to technological innovation and regulatory reform. In the wake of the global financial crisis, the industry must develop a clear vision of tomorrow's banks. Lots of innovation and investment will be needed. Delegates will have the opportunity to debate what the future holds with experts in economics, finance and technology and build an informed view about where the industry is headed."
The expert line-up of speakers includes:
- Philippe Bordenave, Chief Operating Officer, BNP Paribas
- Séverin Cabannes, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Société Générale
- Angelos Deftereos, Senior Underwriter, Operational Risk, XL Catlin
- Bob Diamond, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Atlas Merchant Capital
- Douglas Elliot, Partner, Oliver Wyman
- Patrick Foley, Chief Economist, Lloyds Banking Group
- Jordi Gual, Chief Strategy Officer and Chief Economist, CaixaBank; Professor of Economics, IESE Business School
- David Harvey, Principal Consultant, Banking and Securities Practice, Dell Services
- Jonathan Hill, European Commissioner for Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union, European Commission
- Taavet Hinrikus, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, TransferWise
- Nick Hungerford, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Nutmeg
- Matthias Kröner, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Fidor Bank
- Melanie Laing, Group Executive Human Resources, Commonwealth Bank Group
- Josep Oliu, Executive Chairman, Banco Sabadell
- Teppo Paavola, Chief Development Officer and General Manager of New Digital Business, BBVA Group
- Ben Robinson, Chief Strategy and Marketing Officer, Temenos
- Valentin Stalf, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, NUMBER26
- Koos Timmermans, Vice-chairman ING Bank, ING Group
- Baroness Shriti Vadera, Non-Executive Chairman, Santander UK
- Radboud Vlaar, Co-Founder and Partner, Orange Growth Capital
- Darren Westlake, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, Crowdcube
- David Yates, Chief Executive Officer, VocaLink
About The Economist Events
The Economist Events is the leading provider of international forums for senior executives seeking new insights into strategic issues. These meetings include industry conferences, management events and government roundtables held around the world. As part of The Economist Group, The Economist Events is a highly respected brand with a 162-year history and an unrivalled reputation for excellence and independence. Each meeting organised by The Economist Events delivers objective and informed analysis. Our meetings provide unusually high-level forums where senior executives can gain insights, exchange views and compare strategies.
See http://www.economist.com/events for more information, and join us on Twitter: @EconomistEvents
Deloitte LLP offers professional services to the UK and European market. Deloitte is a leading provider of audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services to the financial services industry. With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges.
IESE Business School is consistently ranked among the world's leading business schools. Highly international, IESE is committed to the education and development of responsible business leaders worldwide, offering high calibre degree and executive education programmes. In addition to world class campuses in Barcelona and Madrid, the school has centres in Sao Paulo, New York City and Munich, and delivers programmes at numerous other locations.
Temenos Group AG is a market leading software provider, partnering with banks and other financial institutions to transform their businesses and stay ahead of a changing marketplace. Over 2,000 firms across the globe, including 38 of the top 50 banks, rely on Temenos to process the daily transactions of more than 500 million banking customers.
We're VocaLink. We believe that economies are powered by easy access to and movement of money. We empower businesses and consumers to move money by sharing our technology and payment industry expertise.
We're VocaLink. Powering economies, empowering people.
Dell Services bring true end-to-end solutions to banking, insurance and capital markets. Built around our proven service portfolios, integrated with Dell's award-winning hardware, software and device offerings, we enable holistic IT transformation to meet your business objectives and help drive measurable value. From real-time payments and KYC, third party administration, to legacy modernisation, to applications, infrastructure, cloud and social media for business services and other analytics, we are your informed and stable partner for your transformation journey.
XL Catlin's financial institutions team is a recognised market leader, with a suite of insurance solutions that offers sophisticated and comprehensive cover. Our Operational Risks team has extensive expertise and an innovative approach, based on over 40 years' combined Financial Institutions insurance underwriting experience.
SOURCE The Economist Events