LONDON, January 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
~ Tweet your questions ahead of The Pharma Summit 2013 at @EG_Healthcare ~
Should Pharma cut its losses and get out of R&D, or does it still have a role to play in medical research?
The Economist Events is holding its 19th Annual Pharma Summit 2013 in London on Thursday, 28th February 2013. The summit will be held at The Dorchester Hotel, Park Lane, London, W1K 1QA from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
The Pharma Summit has become an established key global event for the healthcare industry, attracting and gathering some of the most influential names in the global pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. This year's theme 'Back to basics -the real business of Pharma' will assess the challenges the industry is facing as the last remaining blockbuster drugs reach the end of their patent protection.
"This year's conference theme is particularly pertinent." said Edwin Moses, a panel speaker and the CEO of Ablynx. "We have to start looking beyond the patent cliff when assessing the health of the Pharma industry, especially in light of tight healthcare budgets and R&D productivity. The Pharma Summit brings together some of the industry's leading experts who have a unique insight into these issues and the significant trends in the space at the moment."
The event will focus on a number of topical issues, such as the change in Big Pharma business models post-blockbuster, the shifts in the drug discovery and development paradigm, and Pharma in an age of austerity, explored through a series of thought provoking keynotes, panel discussions, interviews and debates.
Join us on Twitter @EG_Healthcare to get the latest updates on The Pharma Summit, submit your questions, and join in with discussions on the day.
Among others, you will hear from:
- Severin Schwan, Chief Executive Officer, Roche Group
- Klaus Wilgenbus, Corporate Senior Vice-president, Boehringer Ingelheim
- Edwin Moses, Chief Executive Officer, Ablynx
- Anders Gersel Pedersen, Executive Vice-president, Drug Development, Lundbeck
- Jane Griffiths, Company Group Chairman, Janssen Europe, Middle East and Africa, Johnson & Johnson
- Nigel Clerkin, Executive Vice-president and Chief Financial Officer, Elan Corporation plc
- Kate Bingham, Managing Partner, SV Life Sciences Advisers LLP
- Paul Stoffels, Chief Scientific Officer and Worldwide Chairman, Pharmaceuticals, Johnson & Johnson
- Roch Doliveux, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Executive Committee, UCB
For more information and to view the full programme please visit: http://www.thepharmasummit.com
About The Economist Events
The Economist Events is part of the Management Thinking division of The Economist Group. Our philosophy is to tackle issues with a forward-looking, uniquely global perspective. We create events that are for the intellectually curious: those people who enjoy ideas and those who are passionate about the issues that define our world.
This press release has been issued by M:Communications on behalf of The Economist Events' The Pharma Summit 2013.
For further information on event registration or to request interviews with any of the speakers at The Pharma Summit 2013, please contact Amber Bielecka, Hollie Vile or Claire Dickinson within the official press office:
M:Communications, official press office for The Economist Healthcare Events
SOURCE The Economist’s Pharma Summit