NEW YORK, Feb. 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Use this report to:
- Identify current and future products and opportunities, and their impact on global market.
- Assess current trends and market data for various product segments essentially healthcare, housing, and assistive devices and technology.
- Gain insight into healthcare, housing and assistive device segments of the U.S. elder care market.
- Identify emerging companies with profiles of their leadership and an update on M&A activity.
- The U.S. eldercare market reached $381.6 billion in 2014 and nearly $417 billion in 2015. The market should reach $512.7 billion in 2020, demonstrating a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.2% from 2015 to 2020.
- Home remodeling services had the highest market value at $237.8 billion in 2014 and $255.8 billion in 2015. The market should reach $310.3 billion in 2020, a CAGR of 3.9%.
- The U.S. elder care market for assistive technologies totaled $6.2 billion in 2015, and should reach nearly $8.0 billion by 2020, a CAGR of 5.1%.
Introduction & Scope
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of this report is to provide an in-depth analysis and forecast of the healthcare, housing and assistive device segments of the U.S. elder care market. The report will focus on the size of the U.S. market, with comparisons to other markets in developed countries in Europe and Asia. Demographic implications, funding implications for individuals and countries, products and services currently available in the housing and assistive device markets, and research regarding future healthcare treatments will be discussed. Future healthcare treatments will concentrate on the areas of concern for individuals who are older than 65, including:
- Arthritis prescription medications.
- Cardiovascular, heart disease/stroke.
- Cancer treatments.
- Diabetes medications.
- Sensory impairments.
- Neurological health medications (e.g., dementia, depression).
- Liquid nutritional supplements.
- Osteoporosis medications and orthopedic impairment surgery.
- Respiratory medications and products.
- Urological (incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia).
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
Individuals born between 1946 and 1964 (commonly referred to as baby boomers) are beginning to have a profound effect on the structure of societies as well as the services and products offered by governments and manufacturers. This huge market of active, relatively wealthy and demanding individuals will place enormous stress on governments to provide services and on businesses to provide appropriate products. Outlining the impact of this generation and investigating current and future products, and opportunities for well-positioned companies are the primary focuses of this report.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This report offers forecasts by product segment (i.e., healthcare, housing, and assistive devices and technology) from 2015 through 2020, including supporting analyses for projections. Report segments include a demographic background of the market in the U.S. and worldwide, healthcare products and services, housing services and needs, and assistive technologies for the elder care market. International markets are discussed and information is provided on industry structure. Profiles of leading companies involved in the elder care pharmaceutical, housing and assistive device industries are provided. Information on company placement within the designated market and strategic analyses of the companies' available and emerging products are discussed.
This report provides a broad background on the structure of the U.S. elder care healthcare market and the chief issues it faces. It offers the information needed to understand the current market and to address the emerging one. Comparisons with the elder care market in Europe, Asia and developing countries are provided. This is an invaluable tool for business planners, acquisitions specialists, licensing strategists, product managers, investor consultants and others interested in the elder care market, its products, participants and future.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p0128583-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001