CHICAGO, Dec. 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- As a premier, award-winning wedding photography company that spans more than 40 cities, George Street Photo & Video is uniquely qualified to predict the hottest trends that are sure to be part of many nuptials throughout 2017. And there are five trends – from fashion to food to photography – that the experts at George Street expect to see couples embrace in the new year, as they look for creative ways to personalize their big day and make it even more memorable for everyone involved.
"Couples want to make their day a true reflection of themselves and their love for each other," says Nicole Ettenhofer, director of marketing and public relations for George Street. "These creative trends for 2017 are things we've been seeing more of lately, and we expect them to really take off in the coming months."
- DECADENT DONUTS: Why get rid of the traditional wedding cake in favor of donuts? Because you might as well give the people what they love – fried pastries! Plus, donuts are a memorable replacement for cake, especially if you get creative with the presentation.
- CROWNS: Bridal crowns are hot and can be created to achieve almost any look -- from a romantic floral crown to a glamorous crown of jewels. Brides have embraced crowns for their flattering look and because they're a departure from the expected.
- MISMATCHED BRIDESMAIDS' DRESSES: Brides are often relieved to hear that mismatched dresses for the bridal party are not only acceptable but "en vogue." After all, it can be difficult and stressful to find one perfect dress that is the right fit for each person and her fashion preferences.
- NIGHT VIEWS: Gorgeous wedding photos taken at night are a hot trend, thanks to the romantic, modern look of evening landscapes and starry skies. Photographers can get especially creative with lighting after the sun goes down.
- ONLINE PLANNING: We do everything else online, so why not plan a wedding that way? It can be the most time-efficient method of shopping around for locations and services and finding great ideas. That's why couples love the ease of the George Street Photo & Video online planning guide.
For images of trends go to: https://georgestreetphoto.box.com/s/r4q4w43r99a48c995yvv7h8vif3jslvj
About George Street Photo & Video: An award-winning wedding photography company named to The Knot's "Best of Weddings Hall of Fame" and Wedding Wire's "Couple's Choice Award," George Street Photo & Video was founded in Chicago. Dedicated to taking stunning wedding images with a specialized photojournalistic style, George Street's community of wedding photographers and videographers is highly skilled and experienced. The company prides itself on exceptional customer service, helping each couple express their unique personality and style. George Street grew from a small apartment operation to serving more than 40 markets nationwide in under a decade. For more information, visit www.georgestreetphoto.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-experts-at-george-street-photo--video-identify-top-wedding-trends-for-2017-300383768.html
SOURCE George Street Photo & Video