The First Web-Based Brain Fitness Program for Age 50+: New from Dakim All Fun, No Drudgery, Yet Clinically Validated to Help Users Stay Sharp
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Brain fitness is becoming big business, but the online programs on the market today aren't geared to the people who need to sharpen their cognitive abilities the most: those 50 and over. That's about to change with Dakim BrainFitness OntheWeb – a new subscription service specifically designed for Baby Boomers and seniors that's as fun as a Beatles concert, as multimedia as a YouTube video, and clinically validated to improve memory and language even as you laugh your way through each 20-minute session.
Based on Dakim's experience in building the #1 brain fitness program for U.S. senior living communities – with fresh content tailored to Boomers – Dakim BrainFitness OntheWeb utilizes activities and technology developed over a 12-year period to create a scientifically sound brain workout with unique personalization and entertainment features that increase effectiveness.
With over 100 different activity types and thousands of variations that exercise different parts of the brain, it's the only program that continually adjusts the sequence of activities as well as the level of challenge based on each user's abilities; the only one with Hollywood-style videos, music, storytelling and humor that eliminate the boredom factor that causes users to drop out; and the only one designed for mature adults – complete with age-appropriate references ranging from Rosa Parks to Watergate.
Work That Feels Like Play
Unlike other programs that utilize tedious drills and textbook-like two-dimensional exercises, Dakim provides a continuously updated selection of original interactive game-like activities designed to encourage sustained use to help keep brains agile. For example:
- Each "Keep Your Eyes Open" activity shows a clip from a movie and challenges users to remember details to exercise short-term memory.
- Each "Phoenician Decoder" exercise uses an ongoing story about a pair of middle-aged treasure hunters to work on visual matching, working memory and critical thinking.
- Each "Identify and Reward" installment strengthens long-term memory with clues about famous people such as Nelson Mandela, Richard Nixon, Neil Armstrong, Jane Goodall and Clint Eastwood – all cultural touchstones that resonate with the over-50 crowd.
Customized for Each User
Dakim BrainFitness OntheWeb also provides exclusive personalization, cross-training, memory-boosting and social networking features that heighten the therapeutic value as well as subscriber interest. Highlights include:
- Patented Dakim technology that dynamically selects the next appropriate exercise based on user history and performance, then self-adjusts the challenge level to match the user's ability in real time.
- Activities designed to exercise short- as well as long-term memory, critical thinking, visuospatial orientation, calculation and language, exercising more cognitive domains than any other program.
- Easy-to-learn memory-boosting techniques – separate from the core cognitive training sessions – that can be put to use after only a few minutes of practice to help subscribers remember names, words, shopping lists, reading information and more.
- A variety of social networking options and complementary health resources available from the home page, along with session statistics and other tools enabling users to measure their progress.
Dakim BrainFitness OntheWeb will launch in March at www.dakim.com. Subscription packages will be priced at $14.95 for one month and $99.95 for one year. For more information, visit www.dakim.com or call 888-MY-DAKIM.
About Dakim, Inc.
Dakim Inc. is the leading provider of clinically tested brain fitness programs that provide rigorous cognitive stimulation to help people over 50 sharpen and preserve brain function. Featuring entertaining multimedia exercises with proprietary technology that selects the next appropriate exercise as well as adjusting to the user's ability level, the company's Dakim BrainFitness platform is available as a turnkey hardware-based system that is the #1 program of its kind in senior living communities; in a software edition used by healthcare professionals to help combat cognitive decline as well as help patients suffering from stroke or traumatic brain injury; and, as of March 2013, as a web-based subscription service tailored to users over 50. Dakim BrainFitness is also the only brain fitness product approved as Evidence-Based by the U.S. Administration on Aging. The company is headquartered in Santa Monica, CA. For more information, visit www.dakim.com.
SOURCE Dakim, Inc.